Trying to Conceive

Sadmummy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:12 am 
Post subject: Trying to Conceive
Hi all. I was 28 when I had my first daughter and 30 when I had my son. IIt was very easy to conceive the first two as I have followed the natural family planning method for 9 years so I am used to knowing my fertile days. However this time it has been so difficult to conceive. I am now 35. I know with age the chances reduces but even so I have many freinds who are well into their 40s and conceive their first child. I am trying for a girl but even though I try up to about 2 days before ovulation, I have not conceived. Would appreciate if anyone has any suggestions on why this is happening and how to increase my chances for a girl.
dannigizmo
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:17 pm 
Post subject: not sure i can help but
Hi, not sure this will help you but i only know from my own mothers experience, she had me and my little brother at 20 and 26 then tried to conceive from the age of 32 and finally after sometime managed to have my other brother at 35. Think it is because your fertility drops at 30 then apparenty again at 35. Think my mum just charted her days etc and tried to be as healthy as possible. Try and keep postive and not get stressed if you can!! I am 26 and ttc my first. Hope this helps a little. danni xxx
Sadmummy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:33 am 
Post subject:
Thank you Danni. I feel better to know there are other people out that who have been through the same thing and sometimes while you try to stay positive etc , you get so disheartened month after month. My children talk about another baby all the time as if I am already carrying as they want a little sibling so much and I sometimes feel like just enjoying the two beautiful children I already have but I look at them and see how much they want another brother or sister and it gives me a little encouragement.
Thanks for your support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular