Came off pill had no period and had negative tests!

karine05
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:20 pm 
Post subject: Came off pill had no period and had negative tests!
Hi i was on the pill for 3 years i had the period in my supposed 7 day break but i didnt start another pack, i havent had a period now for around 6 weeks and iv done 2 tests, both negative! one was a clearblue and the other was a boots own... im really confused iv got a metallic like taste in my mouth and my nipples are really sore and red!. Im also to try and put it nicely if thats possible having a lot more discharge than normal, its disgusting but its clear and stringy. If anybody has got any suggestions il be glad to read them im really confused!
dannigizmo
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:09 pm 
Post subject: hi
HI i am the same as you came off the pill 3 weeks ago, i havent had a period for over two years due to the mini pill and still waiting. Have had symptoms like sore breast, cramps in my abdomen, weeing more often and tiredness but all my pregnancy tests have been negative. I have been reading up alot about women coming off the pill and quite a few have had these symptoms but not been pregnant, we're not alone, thankgod!! I just would just see how you feel and take another test in two weeks, if no period by then i would maybe go to the docs.

Hope this helps!! danni xx
karine05
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:30 pm 
Post subject: ello
ohh im so glad somebody replied, yeh iv been trying to find out via google and places like that, Iv been weeing alot more recently but im not sure if im making it up in my head because im paranoid lol what brand were the pregnancy tests that you were using? i hear that clear blue are the only ones to trust, there better than docters tests from the sounds of it!, how confusing is al this??
dannigizmo
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:42 pm 
Post subject: confused??
they were asda own make. I just went onto some forums for contraceptive advice, mainly for cerazette as that was what i was on and alot of the women had the same symptoms. some have even waited 3/4 months for their periods to come back!! Hope that isnt me as kind of only have a window to conceive till July as am getting married next year and told my man if it didnt happen by July 08 we would wait until july 09!!! danni xx
karine05
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:48 pm 
Post subject:
hmmm i would recomend you try a clearblue, you can get two in a packet for 11 pound i think in boots or you could get a single for 8. Aww congrats on getting married, i hope you are pregnant then, it would make your wedding so much more special! do you feel as though you are going to come onto your period?? iv not got the slightest hint mine is going to come anytime soon, altho my nipples are becoming a slight pest because they are really tingly and sore almost feel burnt ha ha Crying or Very sad xxx
dannigizmo
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:01 pm 
Post subject: me too!!
my nipples are the same, very sore to touch, and a never got that when on the pill, sore boobs but never sensitive nipples. Feels kinda like a period am not sure a havent had a period for 2 years I cant remember haha! maybe will buy one in a week as that will have been 4 weeks, just hope i havent stopped ovulating altogether! Let me know how get on. Wish they had told me you might have complcations coming off the pill when i was put on carazette. Hope it happens a dont want to have to wait two years a would get married right now but its all booked for then and my man wants the big do!! Bloody men!! Hope you feel better soon and get the result you want!! danni xxx
karine05
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
yeh my nipples never used to go sore either, altho iv had periods there not real periods because of something or other that happens when on the pill lol so i cant remember wht a real period feels like! oh yeh i totally understand they should make people more aware of the complications whilst coming off it! aww thats really sweet most men wud rather get married in a shack and then go for a pint afterwards ha ha your lucky!! Yeh best of luck to you, let me know how the big test goes! xxx
MrsE27
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all,
I've been ttc for 3 months now and been off the pill for 6 months, after taking the pill for ten years. My nipples were sore too after coming off the pill. My periods are a little irregular and only lasting 2 days but seem to be settling down a little. I feel very naive and let down that no-one ever explained the complications or length of time it may take to concieve after coming off the pill Mad All of your symptoms sound perfectly normal from what I have read.

Anyway this website is fab for advice, and very supportive!!!
Good luck xx Smile
karine05
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
hiya, wow so much responce so quick! yeh im not pleased at all about the lack of information regarding regaining period regularity! how long did it take for your first 'real' period after coming off the pill? its this metallic taste in my mouth thats making me think im pregnant, my sister had it whilst pregnant aswell. Good luck ttc xx
MrsE27
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi my first period came after 28 days which was really pleasing, but since then has been 25, 29, 24, 30, 26. My worry is that my periods are really light and I have never had periods that last only 2 days before? Also after monitoring my CM it seems like im ovulating but apparently it still doesnt mean that I am definitely releasing an egg?? Confused Why is it all soooo confusing?!?!

Sounds good about the metalically taste you are having, could be very early days and hormones aren't registering yet?
I'm trying reverse psychology this month...if i think I am probably not going to be pg then I might gett a nice surprise if I was!!! ha ha worth a try!! Smile
xx
karine05
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
i really feel for you, i imagine your much more confused than i am!! sounds terrible, i do the reverse psychology thing as well ha ha, yeh thats wht im thinking with the metalli taste well thats what im hoping. I just have a sixth sense that something is different i dont know what it is, im determined not to believe the negavtive tests, maybe thats just plain ignorance but who cares ha ha.

Have you been to the docters and told him about your periods? they sound really odd more like spotting than actual periods, have you tried taking any folic acid ect to try and get things moving along?? Very Happy xxx
MrsE27
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply!!
Yeah have been taking folic acid for a couple of months now, will wait to see this month and if I am not pg will go to the doctors for some advice!! This will be our 3rd month so trying not to get too stressed out yet, and my husband is enjoying ttc anyway!! Wink

Good luck hope we all get the result we are waiting for!!! xx
karine05
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
its ok! thats what were all here for.
i bet he is enjoying it! ha ha well more times the better i say because thers more of a chance just try and remember when you did it tho just incase you are coz then you can work it all out a bit easier!

From reading wht people have said about docters advice it all seems a bleak they dont seem to really care about your feelings or worrys ect!

Well i really hope your period doesnt come Very Happy xxxx
Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone, I am new to TTC and to this site. I have been on the pill for 7-8 years, finished my last pills in end Feb, waiting for my first pill free period. Its been 31 days and still waiting. No systems of sore boobs or anything but have got very spotty in last few days

A good bit of advice that I have read is to chart your BBT (waking temp) everyday so then you can learn when you ovulate each month. (You can get a digital thermonter and chart pack from Boots for approx 12)

I heard it can often take 3-6 months or poss longer for your body to get back to normal after being on the pill so long, so I wouldn't worry that you havn't had your period yet Karine05.
karine05
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
ooh my skin has gone really spotty as well, im gettin them on parts of my face where iv never had them before! i usually get one or 2 every few months but iv got so many at the moment!
Thats really good advice actually thanks, il get my bf to buy me one tomorow or something, im also going to test myself again so fingers crossed!! baby dust to everybody xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular