Please could you sign our petition?

Bosam
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:55 pm 
Post subject: Please could you sign our petition?
Hi everyone,

Im Sammy and im a bit of a lurker on here. We lost our first baby Thomas on August 15 2006, he was born asleep when we were 40+5 weeks pregnant. We are now 25 weeks pregnant with his little brother, and it is so scary, but we are getting good care and being positive.

Thomas had undetected IUGR (Intra Uterine Growth Restriction) and since his death, i have been campagining for the customised growth charts to be used in all UK NHS trusts, which would pick up IUGR, allow the plan of care to be adjusted and save thousands of babies lives. You might have seen me on BBC Breakfast, the Channel 4 Dispatches programme "Undercover Mother", and also in the Independent on Sunday.

These charts are gradually being introudced, but the new NICE guidlines are'nt going to recommend they are compulsory, which is mad, because the very centre that the Government comissioned to look into the rising rate of stillbirth designed them, and over a number of years study and trials has proven they do work.

We have today set up a petition with the Prime Minister to ask the Government to consider using the charts in every UK NHS trust, to stop thousands of babies dying each year needlessly.

Please could you sign the petition below and help us? Its very easy to do. 1 in 100 babies dies just before, during or after birth, and this high figure really can be reduced so easily.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/IUGRBaby/
Thank you so much xx
Lxjane
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
hey, i have signed your petition, i lost my baby boy at 24weeks he was premature, but we had no reason why it happened. good luck with your pregnancy i hope everything goes well, i no how you feel you deserve everything to go ok! x
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
im signing your petition and i think that something so simple that the nhs could provide would prevent so much heartach for people in the same situation as you were.
good luck with thomas's little brother. x
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Bosam - Have signed your petition. Sorry to hear about Thomas - good luck with everything.

Take care, Flossie xx

lilmissus125
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Sammy have signed your petition, i'm training to be a paediatric nurse and have experience on special care baby unit, i have seen several cases of growth restriction, Good Luck your doing bril! all the best with your pregnancy,
Sam x

Chutzpah
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:05 pm 
Post subject:
Am I going mad? Am I signing a petition to introduce something that is as simple as providing all health care centres with a simple chart to help prevent deaths? No complex and expensive equipment? Just a chart?

The world is insane. Duly signed.
Marmalade
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:21 pm 
Post subject:
My best friend lost her baby as a result of the same thing...........signed!
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:17 am 
Post subject:
Such a sad story for what seems a simple check. I have also signed up. Good luck getting exposure.
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:36 pm 
Post subject:
hi, im so sorry for your loss and to all the others who are or have gone through the same thing, it truly is shocking that petitions need to be done to show the government, bizarre that they can't just rule it themselves!!!! I have proudly signed the petition and I wish you luck with your pregnancy, and I hope the petition goes well. x
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:45 pm 
Post subject:
thnk i have dun it ryt xx
philsy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:19 am 
Post subject:
I have signed the petition. the whole thought of loosing a baby at that stage is very scary.. all the best this time. X
gingin
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
i have goose bumps reading this thread, i have been so concentrating on how i feel with this pregnancy etc i forget these things can and do happen (weeks17)- i have learnt something today - thankyou and i am so sorry about all your losses but so wish you a happy healthy baby very soon
g
x
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,

I have signed it for you.

best of luck xxx
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:31 pm 
Post subject:
me too good luck xx lisa
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:05 pm 
Post subject:
I have signed the petition, good luck with it. xx

Amandaxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular