trouble with weaning

Sharron
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject: trouble with weaning
My son Samuel is 6 months old and i have been weaning since about 3 months without a hitch. This last couple of weeks have been a nightmare, he doesn't want breakfast and when he goes in his chair for lunch and dinner he justs whines all the way through the meal and is not eating as well as he has been for the last 3 months,Its at the point when i dread mealtimes appproaching. I just dont know what im doing wrong!! I have two teenage sons who weaning was a pleasure i feel totally inadequate when it comes to weaning Sam . I Have been reading about baby led weaning has anybody out there tried it ? I have to find a solution soon its driving me up the wall. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Anitha47
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:13 am 
Post subject: 2nd stage weaning
My son is now 7 months old, and we are going through a similar thing, He will sit in his chair OK, but gets very distracted, and whines a lot, making me almost force feed him to get the food inside him. However when he goes to Grandma's he's as good as gold and eats all his dinner and pudding without complaining. I've just tried moving the position of his high chair at home to see if a change of scenary makes a difference and it seems to be working, also I find it quite helpful if I give him something to occupy his hands, which at the moment is the bag of wipes (makes a nice rustling sound). Don't get disheartened, I'm sure it will be a phase. I've not tried baby led weaning, but think I'm too far down the line to try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular