im worried i wont be able to concieve!!

Yorkiegirlie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:08 pm 
Post subject: im worried i wont be able to concieve!!
Hi, im 22 and me and my partner have decided to start trying for a baby near the end of the year. We have been together four years and also live together. I currently have the contraceptive implant and before that I was on the pill. The problem is, iv never had a period without being on the pill. I was put on the pill at 16 to see if i could have a period and i did, although they were very irregular. Now Im on the implant iv never had a period. Im worried that when i get the implant taken out i wont have periods and therefore either wont be able to get pregnant or know when im ovulating to give us a better chance. Anyone know anything about this??xx
jenniP35
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:28 am 
Post subject:
Hi, I've been on the pill since I was 16 also, for bad period pains. There's no reason why you shouldn't have normal periods when you come off. Put simply, the pill is just hormones that trick your body into thinking you are pg so that it won't release and egg.

Pill free weeks were only built into the pill so that women wouldn't worry they were pregnant. So really the bleed you have when you stop your pill for a week is not a true period.

You say you were put on the pill to see if you could have a period, why was that?
Yorkiegirlie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, thanks for replying!
They put me on the pill because id got to 17 and never had a period when both my mum and sister started when they were 11 and i did have periods although they were irregular. But i came off the pill for a while and didnt have a period and havent had one since iv had the implant
jenniP35
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:25 pm 
Post subject:
I've never had the implant but I thought you didn't bleed with it because you have a constant supply of hormones. Someone put me right here.

I didn't start my periods til I was 16 so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Have you had your implant removed now?
amysmum96
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
hiya hun just to let u know i was on the implant for 11 yrs had it replaced every three i got my implant out in sept 07 i didnt have a period whilst i was on it either as soon as its out i was told i was fertile within a few days i got my period and i have been charting since using the free ov calenders i was a 28 day cycle then for some reason im now a 32 day cycle im due my period today but it aint her tg but neither is a bfp but i aint given up hope so good luck to you too xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular