Nursing Baby to Sleep... Help

CarlaBerg
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:07 pm 
Post subject: Nursing Baby to Sleep... Help
Hi there,

My baby is 9 months and has had a very rough time falling to sleep on her own. The only way I can sucessfully get her to sleep (day or night) is to nurse her to sleep. I really would her to fall asleep on her own but I'm not sure I am ready to let her cry it out. Any advise???
Aimz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:29 pm 
Post subject: Hiya Carla
I'm afraid that I dont have any good advice for you. I just wanted to let you know I'm in the same boat.
My daughter is almost 10 months old and is having the same problem. I have recently moved back to my parents house because my husband and I are moving abroad. My daughter, Sayen, has had problems going to sleep since. When we lived in our own house she would have no problems going to sleep on her own.
I did the controlled crying with her and she repsonded very well, so give it a go. I found sitting at the top of the stairs really helped because i was close if she got really over the top. It does work but is very hard on the emotional strings for you.
I can't do that at the moment because i'm not in my home and feel it will bother people!! So hard!
Good luck and hope you manage to sort it,
AImee Very Happy
Joolz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:59 pm 
Post subject: Nursing baby to sleep ...help
Hi there, I was in same boat as you until i was lent a book called 'the parentalk guide to sleep' and in it was the elastic band effect which I tried on my 2.5 year old and it worked the first night and I can now walk out of the room and leave him in bed, where he knows he has to stay and playing with toys until he puts himself to sleep...something I never thought i would be able to do.
I am more than happy to email you the information if you would ike it as I have scanned it all and sent it to some people from other websites to try and help them.
Let me know xxx
Aimz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hello,
That sounds very interesting, please do send me more info. Or if you have any links then pass them on. I'm going to have a look at the book online.
Thanks for posting a message. Its great to hear that you're not the only one who is going through it, even though you know you're not.
Tonight I put Sayen down and had to leave her to cry. She is such a heavy baby which is part of the reason I want her to learn to sleep on her own, apart from all the other benefits.
Well it took her about 20 mins then she was asleep. It makes me feel so bad hearing her cry but I know I have to do it.
Thanks again
Aimee Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular