:(

Amilouise222
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:15 pm 
Post subject: :(
I have a massive phobia of injections so i have refused to have all of my blood tests and at my first scan on 7th April I have agreed to have them then, but I no i will just be the same and freak out when they get the needle out! Even if im not looking!!!!!!!! What harm will it do if i don't have them??? Does anybody no?
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
They do the blood tests for a reason Ami, sorry but your fear of needles needs to get canned! One of the important ones is your rhesus status which is important for your midwife and docs to know for labour as they need to give you extra meds if you're rhesus negative. They also need to check your routine bloods for glucose for diabetes and they check you for rubella too as that can be harmful and also your blood type so they know for labour incase you need a transfusion. Remember this is for your baby and although it's something that freaks you out, they wouldn't do it if they didn't need to. Maybe talking to your midwife about how they can make it less stressful for you might help xxxxx
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
fear is a nasty thing but it doesnt take long, it doesnt hurt so just relax and think that what you are doing is best for your little one.
there is always a chance of a few more needles during pregnancy and child birth so its best if you conquer your fear now...
good luck hunni. x
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:22 pm 
Post subject:
Ask them to do it first to get it out of the way. It's what my wife did (she hates needles too) and the midwife was more than happy to oblige.

As someone that gives blood I can only say the more you take a deep breath and relax the better it is. It feels no different to someone briefly scratching your skin if you aren't too tense.
Amilouise222
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks guys =] , il let u no how it goes xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular