Maternity Clothes - where have you shopped?

Maxey
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:28 pm 
Post subject: Maternity Clothes - where have you shopped?
I am really early still, but already can't do up my trousers! tried to go shopping for some new clothes today. Next size up look stupidly big all over. However I only found maternity clothes in Dorothy Perkins. Although I found a good pair of adjustable jeans I couldn't find any clothes anywhere else, they all said shop on the internet! So my question is where have you all been shopping? Internet or shops? Ta Max xx
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun i got some nice ones of ebay xx
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi i know my local newlook store also do maternity clothing xx Very Happy
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
i managed to get some lovely jeans and trousers in h&m, new look have some nice tops that are rreasonable in price. the only thing i find with ordering online is not being able to try things on.
happy shopping. x
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hey I have been getting trousers for work from mothercare and i am very tall so was having trouble getting stuff long enough but their long length is fab. I also used a website called bumps and beyond as i'm a size 18 and they do wonderful plus size stuff in longer lengths incase anyone needs that. For tops I have just been getting a size bigger just now but sticking to jersey stuff as it seems easier and comfier to wear. Next have some gorgeous stuff but haven't bought anything from there so far.

I got bump adjustable things off amazon for the early stages where it wasn't quite time for mat trousers which were brilliant and cost 15 for a selection of sizes and colours. They button (and there is a metal catch option too) on to your orig button and then have buttons on elastic to attach to your buttonhole. xxx
Marmalade
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:17 pm 
Post subject:
Next have some lovely maternity jeans, they have either the ones with the big stretchy panel or ones with just side panelling
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:03 am 
Post subject:
hi maxey
i have shopped in newlook,h&m dorethy perkins and peacocks they are all reasonably priced,i have brought my bras from mothercare they arnt to bad but i wouldnt buy there clothers i think they are expensive, i would recomend maternity leggins from h&m they are so comfy from start to finish i live in mine!! x
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:14 am 
Post subject:
Thanks everyone. I can feel another shopping trip coming on this week! Didn't think to look in H&M or New Look.
I did get some bras fitted at M&S who were really helpful and seemed to know their stuff about what I should and shouldn't wear. So at least these are comfortable!
Max xx
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
Maxey, i am also having problems finding maternity clothes. I am nearly 18 weeks pregnant and the jeans in new look are ok around the waist but are miles too long (ok if you are around the 5ft 11ins tall). I really need to find some trousers that fit ok. Tops i actually bought alot of mine from new look when they had their summer sale on and just bought them in a bigger size than usual. Peacocks is quite good for maternity tops too. I got measured for my first maternity bras in marks and sparks which was good and have just bought another set of bras from mothercare which i have to say are much nicer than marks bras.
tealbutterfly
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
i haven't started maternity shopping yet, but topshop have a maternity store in oxford street!
to be honest i wouldn't shop in topshop on a normal day -too pricey, but perhaps if you're looking for something trendy and comfortable it could be considered an option.
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
I was talking to a friend of mine last night and she tells me that the outlet shop for JoJoMamanBebe is in Newport South Wales and sells at really discounted prices. She picks up babywear at 1/2 at time. If you live anywear nearby it has got to be worth a visit
Chutzpah
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:50 pm 
Post subject:
My wife is having big problems at the moment. She's over six foot tall and we haven't found ANY WHERE that stock trousers in her length. The only trousers she has found is one pair of jeans in Long Tall Sally for 49.

Anyone know of any alternatives?
Maxey
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:03 pm 
Post subject:
I am really short so have the opposite problem! Dorethy Perkins Jeans were in different lengths though I think. The Next catalogue also has trousers in different lengths, they are happy to order them in to a store so you can try them on. For now I have just bought size 12 drawstring trousers which seem to be working OK and normal tops with space for my stomach!
Max
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
The other issue I think my wife is suffering for the moment is that she works in a clothes store so there is a pressure to ensure that her clothes are "fashionable".

Drawstring trousers are comfy but her boss probably won't like them! Wink
Ruthuk
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:16 am 
Post subject:
Chutzpah,

www.fromheretomaternity.co.uk do trousers in 34"/35" leg length. I might be worth your wife trying there. I am not sure whether they have the right types of trousers but at least they will be long enough. FunMum.com also do a tall section but they only do 33" trousers which may be a bit short for 6'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular