second hand stuff & prams etc

gingin
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:03 am 
Post subject: second hand stuff & prams etc
hi all
ok we havent even started to prepare for baby yet - will get wedding done first then it will be time to get organised !

ok i know you are meant to be careful buying second hand things like cots etc - does anyone know why etc ?

also any tips on the best prams to invest in ? i like the 3 wheelers they seem a lot more user friendly etc - they all cost a fortune so want to make sure we get it right !

gx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:11 am 
Post subject:
Hey Gingin - I think the main thing is things like matresses rather than chassis of prams and cots, I shared a cot with my sister in law, I had it first then she had it - I had it back then she had it again...!! But we bought new matresses each time. I was going to go for a 3 wheeler this time but OH has found this pram on Internet (Mutsy Urban Rider) if anyone knows anything about them would be grateful....we were in Sainsburys the other day and he saw a lady pushing one and stopped her to talk about it - dont think she could quite believe a bloke wanted to talk prams!! lol Now we just have to agree on the colour..............

Flossie xx

jmiller
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:30 am 
Post subject:
Hi i'm not 100% but i know with car seats you need to check the history of it if second hand, if it's ever been in an accident then it's not advisable to buy it. Hope that helps
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:26 am 
Post subject:
We have got most of our baby stuff from ebay or from friends. The only things you need to get new (from the advice I've had) are mattresses and car seats. You can't guarantee with these that they are illness free/ accident free unless you buy them new. I think that's pretty much all we have bought new, except the paint in the nursery!!!! Have saved a fortune!

In terms of prams, can;t really help as we got ours free from a friend.

LD
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:48 am 
Post subject:
Hi, ive been told the 3 wheelers are really hard to control. I brought most of my stuff from ebay, including a car seat??!! will have to get it checked out i think, does anyone no where i can get it looked at or the accident history? x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular