Is his milk curdling?

jsmum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:50 am 
Post subject: Is his milk curdling?
Can anyone offer advice??
My son is 10wks old, and after every bottle, about an hour later, he starts being sick, but the milk looks as if it has curdled as it comes up all lumpy and bitty. Should I try changing the brand of formula I use (currently SMA Blue)??
dolphinannie
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
hi

i'm not sure about the brand of formula but have you tried winding him during the feed so there is less wind in there. it could be a build up of wind that is making him throw up. Also the milk sounds like it has been digested, it doesnt necessarily mean its curdled.

ring your health visitor for more advice as i have no experience with firmula feeding.

hth Annie x x
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

My son is on Aptamil hungry bay milk and is now 5 months old. If he has ever been sick after a feed, the milk he brings up is similar to you describe, its quite chalky and powdery, aparently, according to health visitor this is quite normal.
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:41 pm 
Post subject: Re: Is his milk curdling?
hi there the acids in babys belly will curdle his or her milk it is very normal,and the sick is very normal too when a baby is sick it usuly meand hes taken more food than he needed.
CarmelR
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
HI, have you had the baby checked for reflux. If feeds are coming up often you could have a reflux baby. Either way, make sure you get the wind up during and after a feed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular