What not to buy?

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
that is such a good idea about the pampers mats on the mattress!!! i put two sheets on just now to protect the mattress cos lewis always possets loads of milk onto his so i wash them every day.i don't like the waterproof sheets cos i remember having one as a kid and it woke me up every time i moved cos it crinkled!!! Laughing i have a packet of the pampers things in his cupboard so will use them tomorrow! thanks emmaloo!
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:13 pm 
Post subject:
also anything that plays music is a godsend for us, braden loves music and calms down so easy with it...

Another waste of money for us has been snowsuits, we had 3 in 0-3, and i used one once, even tho i thought it was cold enough he was still realllyyy sweaty when i got him out the pram, a hat coat and blankies is better!!
x

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
yeah the snowsuit was a waste for me too, we had 1 in newborn and it was massive on him for ages so put it away for a bit and then when i got it out thinking that it would fit it was too blinkin small, and also when i tried to put him in car seat in it his arms could easily slip back inside it and then he wasnt restrained properly. we have 1 in 3-6 months that my mum got him but once that has gone i wont be buying another.
xBradenandDitax
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:27 pm 
Post subject:
aye we have 2 more, one in 3-6 and one in 6-9, wont be buying any for sure, they are what people have bought us!!

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:35 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah, agree about snow suits, Luke had a new born one and 0-3, both a waste though, he didn't wear either of them, Ironically I'm looking for one now though, but one thats a two piece for when we walk Isabelle to school. At least then I can still use the jacket on its own.
xBradenandDitax
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:44 pm 
Post subject:
i think they will be great for toddling babies in the snow!! but when they just lay wrapped up in buggies its way too hot!!!

Which reminds me, another lifesaver has been the Grobag egg!
Couldnt live without it, and a bath thermometer!
x

wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:51 am 
Post subject:
im going to get a grobag egg, lol just need to get time to buy 1 !! lol also ive got a ducky bath thermometer its brill as it has a scale on it and anywhere on that scale is fine for baby Very Happy so reassuring as me and oh were worried bath was too cold. only cost me a quid for peace of mind
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:12 am 
Post subject:
My grobag egg is always out a couple of degrees?!!! I read some reviews on amazon and a lot of people say the same xxxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:31 pm 
Post subject:
i have to disagree about snow suits, it the height of the winter i wouldn't go out the door without one on my baby
Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
I'm with amy on the snowsuits - ours was nearly worn out last winter!! Mind you, if you use buggy and car primarily, maybe not so useful - we tended to use tummy carrier and soetimes buggy, never the car really - and his snowsuit was an everyday thing Very Happy

agree about grobag egg - Isaac loves to look at the glowy light as well Very Happy
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:54 am 
Post subject:
Braden hasnt really had a really cold day yet so maybe they will be more useful jsut after xmas!!
We only use buggy or car, mainly car too so its way too warm for him now lol
x

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:58 am 
Post subject:
If Lewis is in the buggy he wears his snowsuit but if he is in the car i put him in a jacket and hat. We live in Aberdeen mind you so it's always cold here!! Laughing
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:02 am 
Post subject:
lol andrew has a duffle coat at the moment and looks so cute in it (see my post in abby pics lol) i might try the snow suit when it gets really cold but in leeds at the moment we aint really had a really cold day.
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:08 am 
Post subject:
Yeah I got Lewis a duffle coat with a furry hood from Tesco the other day cos it was 20% off all clothes! He looks ace in it! He has the best deestalker hat tho from H&M which he looks so cute in! xxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
i need the blue stripey one of them but they had it every other size! have the gloves and scarf to go with jus need the hat!
x

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to:  

Community

Popular