What not to buy?

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
Can you still get the coats with mittens attached to them? I cant seem to find one. Isabelle had one and the mittens were attached by buttons, I've lost two mittens in as many weeks (two different pairs and now I have 2 odd ones )
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:52 pm 
Post subject:
Awww Lewis's one is brown with sheepskin lining...he looks like a wee canadian hunter/lumberjack type man! Laughing
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:56 pm 
Post subject:
i nearly got the boots that matched that! but then i was rudely reminded braden aready has 5 pairs of boots and i put shoes as the biggest waste of money on my list lol
I dont know about buying the coats minimika but how about just attaching the mittens with wool and threading it through any jacket?
x

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:27 am 
Post subject:
Yes I might try the wool thing, that really takes me back, I remember my mum doing it for all of us. Smile
hopeful77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
jojo maman bebe do really nice fleecy snow suits, but also coats and ponchos all different sorts . . and lots of them have clips on to attach to their mittens.

tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
i bought a bumbo and ave jus sold it on e-bay as i only used it twice as my daughter prefered to b fed in her baby chair, buggy or high chair,
it was a complete waste of 30,
x

SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:24 pm 
Post subject:
I'm selling my bebepod (like bumbo) on ebay, was really a waste. You can use bebepods from 3mths, so I used it a few times and then Luke was sitting unaided by 4 and half months so I didn't need it. I don't know if the seat helped him sit earlier than average or if he would have done it without it, but as for spending 30, far too much!
xBradenandDitax
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:15 am 
Post subject:
lol my mum used to do the wool mittens for us, i'm not tight, but just sensible lol, i'd rather do that then pay 20 extra for a coat just because you can attach mittens lol
x

Leitia
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
Archie1 wrote:
Awww Lewis's one is brown with sheepskin lining...he looks like a wee canadian hunter/lumberjack type man! Laughing

Aww Harry's is the same, he looks like a little teddy bear, Snow Suits have been life savers for us, we dont have a car so we walk everywhere.

Also i couldnt have lived without our baby bath...we only have a shower and Harry hates it, so at nearly 10 months old he is still using his, we cant use the kitchen sink as there is no double glazing or heating in there...and our land lord is too tight to sort it out.

Bouncy chair, a life saver when you need a few minutes to yourself.

Bibs, mountains of them.
AmandaD
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
Wast of money:

Newborn clothes-agree
I have tons of pacifiers/dummy's-he wouldn't take them
Expensive baby swing-he didn't like it
baby shoes
baby gowns (He was born in the summer and just wore onsies-the gowns kept riding up on him)
Most toiletries

Couldn't be without:
Bouncy/vibrating seat
Swaddling blanket
Musical mobile for his crib
Now he loves his jumper-it's a seat where his feat touch the ground and he can bounce and turn all the way around in it and play with all different toys that are hanging from it.
Floor activity mat
DVD "Musical baby"
Boppy
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
I was told it's best for baby to be in your bedroom for first 6 months but as our room is so tiddly we're thinking of getting a cradle but then during the day should we get a moses basket for when we're downstairs to begin with? Question
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:24 am 
Post subject:
I live in a bungalow so it wasn't necessary for me to use one, but depending on what sort of push chair or pram you get you could use the pram part downstairs. I did this when i was at my mums as she had a proper pram where he could lay flat and they are a similar size to moses baskets.

Hope this helps. Personally my moses basket was a waste of money (my little boy weighed 8lbs 11ozs and was v long) Good Luck xx
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
torzilla this has been wot im debating to i prefer the craddle but wouldnt be any good for downstair as i obv cant carry it up n down stair where as moses basket wud be easy to carry so still debating do i jst go for moses basket or do i buy both?
oh reckons jst go for moses basket but im still not convinced
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
moses basket, my baby hates it. she will lie in it during day but refuses to sleep in it...
LaurPlus1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:29 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks mummys!! That was very helpful!

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to:  

Community

Popular