Sort of period

beaubessie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:23 pm 
Post subject: Sort of period
Hello,

Iím new to the forum and want to pick your brains!

My fiancť and I have been together for almost 10 years and seem to be spending more and more time talking about babies! I came of Cerazette in July last year and we have used condoms ever since (Ideally we wanted to wait a little while before ttc as I could do with losing some weight but as we are taking about babies so often and we both have said we would love to have children now, we may not have been as careful as we could have been on some occasions and relied on withdrawal!)

My periods returned within about 4 weeks after coming off Cerazette and I have been regular ever since. However I was due on 28th of this month and whilst I have had a bit of ďpinkyĒ mucus I canít really say that I have started my period. (Iíve had no other symptoms) am I being paranoid? I was thinking of giving it a couple more days before doing a test, if so which test would be best?
dannigizmo
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:33 pm 
Post subject: hello
Hi there, might just be your period a little late but i would definatly take a test in the next few days, especially if your periods have been spot on before. People seem to recommend clear blue or boots first response tests. Hope you get the answer you are looking for and hope this helps!! danni xxx
dannigizmo
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:37 pm 
Post subject: oh & ps!!!
Snap!! I have been on the pill also for ten years the last two on cerazette, but am still waiting for my period, been 4 weeks now. Good to hear that someone didnt have to wait months for it to come back, am panicking!! Am also trying to lose weight while ttc lol!! danni xxx
beaubessie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
I'm finding really hard not to just do away with the condoms altogether but I do have a fair amount of weight to lose first (lost 1.5 stone with Slimming World so far) but my sensible side says wait. If I am pregnant I will be over the moon but then I will no doubt start worrying about all the horror stories I have heard about being pregnancy and overweight (I currently weigh about 18.5 stone!) or is that just a lot of scaremongering?
dannigizmo
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:52 pm 
Post subject: hi
well, there is evidence of more risks to someone who is already overweight regarding some serious problems during pregnancy,am sure you have read them, but to be honest these things can happen to anyone. Ive known quite a few people who have had no probs during pregnancy and were overweight. Only you will know in yourself if you feel physically fit to carry a child. I think medics/health professionals do tend to go over the top with the weight issue but obviously been as healthy as you can be can only be a good thing. Me personally just feel i would feel alot better been couple stone lighter, especially as i already have huge breasts, what would happen when am preggers, i dread to think!! haha!! danni xx
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun im over weight and have 2 heavy perfect girls already with no complications at all throughout both pregnancies. im now pregnant with third and so far all is good. i think certain people will have problem pregnancies and some of those arent overweight, its the luck of the draw.
beaubessie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies!

I really want to know now!

With friends and family we have 5 babies on the way this year, I seem to be surrounded by them and get really emotional with them all! I was never really the maternal type until recently but now itís all I canít think about! I get really disappointed every month when my period comes along (Maybe Iím subconsciously hoping for a happy accident!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular