Being Ready

ellsbells
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:21 am 
Post subject: Being Ready
My husband I I have been married for three years and would love to have kids, but we don't know how to tell if we're ready. I'm interested to know how you decided when it was time to start ttc?
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
hi
i have been with my partner for 4 years i am 24 and he is 30 (soon to be 31) we have always been close and he always wanted another baby, ( he has a son of 10 from a previous relationship when he was younger)
but he felt that after 30 he would be gettin too old to have children so we had always said we would discuss it when he was 30 and see if i was ready and where we are in our lives and we decided we were ready to start trying and would like to have a baby we are not the kind of couple that go out every wkend or are always partying so we didnt have to even think about what it would do to our social lives so to be honest it was a pretty easy decision for us but we had expected it to happen straight away to be honest but its now been 10 months and still nothing yet so god knows how long its gonna take but we are having fun trying all the same!!
Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

Me & my husband have been together for alomost 8 years (married almost 3) I'm 26, my husbands 29. I have never been that excited about babies, but recently I have just felt that a baby would complete our lives and felt slightly broody. Finances do worry me a bit, as we just about have our mortgage and living cost covered with both of us working full time, but like everyone says if you waited until you were completly financially ready, you'll probably never had kids Sad
ellsbells
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:44 pm 
Post subject: Thanks!!!
Thanks for the insights!!

The whole finances thing is a bit of a worry but I guess you just make it work however much you have.

We are 25 and 26 and just don't really feel like grown-ups yet. We both work and aren't into a party life style or anything. It just seems weird changing your mindset from I'm a kid to I want to be a parent.
charlachica
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
you just know. If you have any doubt - its not the right time.

I always said I "never" wanted babies, which was really hard for my fiance to accept but we had many discussions about it and he said he loved me and would saccrfice, but had always dreamed of having kids (I know how lovely of him to support my decision to "never" have kids).

Then all of a sudden......................................and now it's all I think about, pray for and want more then anything in the world ...after 6 years of sayin no way!

I am in a similar situation to the lady above, I am 24 and fiance is 28 so a bit older, we were 18/21 when we met. that is may be why he wanted kids before I did.

YOU WILL HONESTLY KNOW good luck in whenever you decide xx
Farie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
My OH and I have been together for just under 2 years, but known each other longer, he knew, before we got together that i wanted kids and so does he.

We have decided now is as good a time as any! We are both settled and happy and getting engaged.

For us kids are more important than marriage, for the time being. we are both happy for them to come first
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular