Hospital bag checklist (Feel free to add to...)

MummyEmi
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
NicolaOasis wrote:
I think someone advised disposable flip flops for in the shower xx

I was just going to say my most important thing is flip flops for the hospital showers!!!!!! Crying or Very sad they are awful!!
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:37 am 
Post subject:
Hi all, when is the best time to pack for your hospital bag?? i have nothing ready yet!!!

lucexmummy2ollie
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Laurajane01 wrote:
Hi all, when is the best time to pack for your hospital bag?? i have nothing ready yet!!!

me neither!!!

xxx
Vikki140
Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Everyone!!

Just a quick note about an actual hospital bag!! Got a great one of ebay!! Search Womens Holdall Maternity Gym Travel Bag!
They come in 3 different colours and are only 7.75!! Bargin!!

Starting to get all my bits together!! Better to be early than late i say!! Wink
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
I've packed my hospital bag today! I did the babys as a smaller seperate one last week but I just finished getting most of my stuff for my bag yesterday so I've done it now Smile

Just got to add--

shower gel
bendy straws
nursing bras

xx
Ange21
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:06 pm 
Post subject: old pillow case
Don't think anyone posted this yet....I'll be bringing in an old pillowcase for my smalls and pj's so just incase i'm unexpectedly in a few more days(like last time) I can just send it home with hubby and tell him to stick the whole thing into the washing machine without him having to concern himself over my washing.

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:54 pm 
Post subject:
A tip i got when doing the antenatal classes when i was expecting Sophia, was to get tena lady knickers instead of those hospital knickers.

They worked really well and came up high over my c-section cut so nice and comfy. And it kept the maternity pads nice and secure too. Though i found thematernity pads most useful during the labour, for when the waters broke.

MAndy xx
Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:44 pm 
Post subject:
Finally reached 28 weeks.
I had an em-section last time and trying a vbac this time so im not sure if I should pack for 1-2 days or for more than that just in case I have to have another section? Confused

StaceyRD
Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
Could you pack one bag to take and have another with a few extra days bits in your house for if you do stay in, then someone can take it for you? x

happydiee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:48 am 
Post subject:
oo i forgot to add.. apart from straws (which i added ages ago)

some bags of sweets.. when i had paige i got told i couldnt eat for a few hours due to my spinal block.. by then the only timei had that day was dinner which was nasty. by night time i felt like i was going to pass out.. so need the sugar rush.. all good!

some porrage .. i want to bring with me this time as its a nice scan u can make there and then.

and some energy drinks.. i could of done with for my last labour x

Julessy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:06 am 
Post subject:
This list is fab! Gave me something to do for an hour as I unpacked my hospital bag and repacked it in 3 seperate bags haha! Very Happy xxx
Lisalove
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
my goodness feel like im going to need a huge suitcase to fit all those 'essentials' Wink
PudseyBear92
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
What about your ipod with some soothing music on ??
stac85
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:24 pm 
Post subject:
nipple cream, change for phone or parking, snacks for you and OH, a book, make up, camcorder, breakfast bars, chocolate bars for sugar, big bottle of water xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:13 am 
Post subject:
I packed loads and hardly used it. Was in my labour nightie from when i was admitted as it was midnight and i was hoping to get some sleep.

Ended up in a hospital gown as nearly had to have a section. I never used my dressing gown, or thick socks as it was ridiculously hot on the ward. I took vaseline for chapped lips, but the mw's put some on me anyway, I never needed my own towels as the hospital gave me some.

I took sweets, but couldnt have them as id had pethidine and even sucking a mint made me feel sick. I drunk gallons of warm hospital tap water, as the gas and air made me thirsty, wish id took ice cubes in a flask or frozen bottles of water.

I would advise you to take all jewellery off before going in, especially fiddly earrings, as my ex couldnt get mine undone, and i was away with the fairies on gas and air, so they had to put plasters on them. That was because they were prepping me for theater.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to:  

Community

Popular