Hospital bag checklist (Feel free to add to...)

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:41 pm 
Post subject:
pack double of everything becuz you might have to stay in longer if you r being inducted x

nursenanz
Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:36 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for posting! It is very helpful for a first time mom!
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
it ok, that what we are all here for to help each other

Alisonmck
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
I've packed a baby hair brush, don't think i've read that anywhere yet.
I've also packed a few empty carrier bags for dirty clothes.

I have also written a list of "last minute things" that i am still using so can't pack (hair brush/moisturiser/basic make up/asthma inhalors/ i-pod etc). The list is sitting on top of my bag and will help me to collect things without really needing to concentrate when i'm in early labour.

Good luck everyone
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:09 pm 
Post subject:
this sounds like a good idea think i might do one meself x

Jo1982
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:58 am 
Post subject:
Having done this the year before last, and having read this list then, I thought I'd add a few things!

I took a pair of crocs in with me - they worked great as slippers, and I could wear them in the shower - and when my feet swelled after the c/section, I could still fit in them!!!

I also had a toiletries kit with small versions of my normal stuff, and a new toothbrush so that I could pack it early, and didn't have to remember to put it in at the last minute. Or little travel bottles topped up with my normal stuff.

I also found the night-time pads better, but also was recommended the 'silk feel' ones for a bit later, if I'd needed stitches.

If planning on b/feeding - have a V-pillow on standby at home, just in case - bit nicer than using a normal one, and really helped me when it wasn't going well. Though a friend bought me one. It's useful to have a close friend on standby to go out and buy anything that you might need, so OH doesn't have to worry about it! And a female friend might be ok buying 'intimate feminie things' if OH is not!!!

HTH
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
This list is fab - I have literally sat, read teh list and all ten pages of comments, and made notes as I read so I now have a very long list of stuff but am sure I won't forget anything! Actually looking at it - though it looks like a lot - it's actually not - when I thought about it - it's only really stuff that I would take if I were staying at a friend's for the night anyway - just with little changes... like instead of taking fresh undies and bra and socks, I need to take fresh pack of undies, maternity bras and a couple of pairs of socks. I wouldn't go anywhere overnight without a washbag, toiletries, towel and hair stuff, and deoderant anyway... and I'm sure I can get all of what I need in a fairly sized bag. I'd always rather take it and unpack it than not have it when I really need it!

One thing I didn't see but know a friend regretted as she wears contacts by day and glasses at night: contact lens solution and glasses! She found that she had her contacts in when she went in, then had a 'blind' night without her glasses and had to get her DH to get her contact stuff for the following day...

Smile

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:47 am 
Post subject:
Haha - well now that I have had my baby - I can say that it is so true - you don't end up using half of what you pack, and despite the best efforts you always run out of something or need something else once you are there!

I ended up staying for 5 days so had to get new tops, new pjs and new pants bought up to me... and I didn't have nearly enough bottled drink or the like... but never mind.

One thing I wish I had thought of (but why would you unless you were in the situation) but thought might be useful for others -
Pack a cheap bracelet that you can wear all the time (so comfy, flat beads or smooth ones, plastic is great!) or even a hairband that doesn't sit too tight on your wrist. Reason being - if you are in for a while - when you are super-tired and breastfeeding at night I found it really hard to remember which boob was next when alternating - so I now wear a bracelet on the wrist to tell me which boob is next for the cafe! Although now I can tell without it which is next in line, at the time in hospital I ended up trying to write it down as I couldn't ever work out which I had fed from last! When you are only there for one night it's not so much of a problem, but for me and 5 nights - it was a real pain! Smile
xxx

Mamaway
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:11 pm 
Post subject: Additional to your list...
Wow, Great list! Baby Ring Sling for you and your hubby. You can check our site for the designs! Ring slings are really helpful. Very Happy
XxSnooksxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:30 pm 
Post subject:
i couldnt be bothered reading it all.. too tired lol but HAIR TIE!!!(if it wasnt already mentioned) Smile in a bun is the best way so your not getting a face full of hair in labour Laughing
JessicaLorek
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:08 am 
Post subject:
this has been a fun list, thank you so much ladies for sharing!
ShanynEngwicht
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:26 am 
Post subject: great list!
when i had my first, i had no idea whatsoever what to pack. too bad that this list didn't exist way back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to:  

Community

Popular