Hospital bag checklist (Feel free to add to...)

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:15 am 
Post subject:
Just to remind everyone..this list is merely a suggestion and not the law that you HAVE to take everything on it in with you!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Some things may apply to some more than others so just take from it what you want! Laughing It was originally complied by Letita who now has 5 kids! Very Happy

I ended up having my baby 150miles away from home so I was very glad to have everything with me and not have to send hubby to buy the entire contents of mothercare!!! Laughing
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:46 pm 
Post subject:
Lavender essential oill is great for your pillow to get rid of hospital smells and help you sleep also to add to your bath. Also arnica tabs to help with the bruising/bleeding (ouch!)

Orrieonko
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, very useful.

I just wanted to add - dirty washing bag!!

Our beautiful Emily

Kayla90
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
glad iv read this before getting my bag haha! i think i actually need most stuff on there. im fussy Rolling Eyes and we dont have a car and the hosp is like other side of bradford soo dont want to be forgetting anything do i Very Happy x

Dream as if you'll live forever.
Live as if you'll die tomorrow.
Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
Yer me oh wouldnt be pleased at being sent home every five mins, car park charges are horrendous Laughing Laughing

Annoy me and I will sit on you.... and it will hurt! Smile
RosP
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:26 am 
Post subject:
Based on my recent experience I'd add:

* Nursing bra / top was unnecessary, it was easier just to take my top off (drawing curtains around bed). But vest top / nightie useful for skin-to-skin contact time whilst you have visitors (plus it may be very hot on the ward, I certainly didn't want to wear the long sleeved maternity T-shirt I'd packed).
* Watch needed on the post-natal ward (not just for timing contractions, which could be OH's watch) - there was no clock visible from the beds.
* Biro - for filling in menu choices, signing discharge paperwork etc.
* scrap paper - to record breastfeeding attempts, durations and side - cos if it is your first how do you know what answer to give when MW says "is he feeding well?"
* Drinks WITH STRAWS - I was flat on my back for 90 min whilst being stitched down below.

When we moved from the delivery suite to the post-natal ward they found a small shopping trolley for OH to move the bags with!

Ros[/list]

Geddescj
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:07 am 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, i'm trying to get everything together so i can pack all the bags over the next week or so Smile

mummy2dns
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:13 pm 
Post subject:
did u right down baby vests n sleepsuits
Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:14 am 
Post subject:
I was just wondering how many vests, sleep suits and body suites do you need to pack?

Cocopops
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:47 am 
Post subject:
Cj - think I've packed about 3 of each, need to double check my cases tho coz I packed them about 6weeks ago and the weather has improved since then!

I've also got chocolate pop tarts in mine and loads of go ahead bars and chocolate chip trackers, not the healthiest i know but least they are just all easily accessible and easy to munch on!

xx
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:57 am 
Post subject:
Is it wrong that im due monday and still need to pack stuff? Cool Embarassed Laughing

Annoy me and I will sit on you.... and it will hurt! Smile
Cocopops
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
Nah, I need to repack both mine and bubs' cases, I've also got a small list of stuff I need to add to mine at the last min before we go off to hospital! xx
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
No one posted toothpaste and a toothbrush , hair brush , il be needin a little bag of make up to if i feel good enough to put some on , as want to look half decent when visitors show ,

il be takin , some cheap knickers that can be thrown and granny long nightshirts lol
bed socks to keep feet warm , spray bottle that salons use to wet your hair , and im still thinking if there anything else we all may of missed lol

Hungry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
Paracetamol - if you're kept in you'll be wanting some the day after (and I didn't read in any book that you'd ache all over from all that pushing)!!!

And for your other half - just in case you have to stay overnight - sleeping bag and more paracetamol!
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:14 am 
Post subject:
Hi all, well i packed my bag AGES ago lol and since then i have unpacked it, re packed it, un packed it, re packed etc etc. I am now gunna have to unpack yet again lol because ive seen this list and i have to add a few item... but i also think now its a good idea to put babies things in a seperate bag from mine, to make things easier.
One thing ive noticed is people meanioning about after they have had stitches... i know this is a bit away from topic subject but ive been informed by a few good women i know that ...as soon as you can, get a small bottle of Vitamin E oil and rub it in well "below" I checked with midwife who says this is a great thing to do because it apparently reduces the chance of tearing. So its worth a try, id rather do that now than sit on a rubber ring for weeks after birth.
xxx
Page 5 of 10

Jump to:  

Community

Popular