tens machine

1sttimepregnant
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:37 pm 
Post subject: tens machine
i have been thinking of getting a tens machine. What are your opinions on them and anyone any idea the best place to hire one from
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun, I wasn't going to bother with one originally, but when I went to anti-natal classes, the midwife said we could hire them from hospital (for free) so I filled in a form, and they are due to give me a ring to go collect it etc soon, I thought I might as well, nothing to loose, eh?
But i'll just use it in really early stages as I'm planning a water birth Laughing

I think you can hire them on e-bay, but check with your maternity unit @ hosp cos U might get one for free Laughing
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:15 am 
Post subject:
I hired mine from Boots although the hospitals here do hire them as well.

They are supposed to be good in early labour and hey anything that helps is a bonus.

xx

RaniM
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:26 pm 
Post subject:
I was chatting to my mummy friends on the weekend about this. They used a tens machine during their labour and said they would definitely recommend. I'm going to get one/hire one too.

Think I will wait until my antenatal classes in Jan as I didn't realise you could hire them for free from the hospital. Well I will ask anyway.
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:02 pm 
Post subject:
I would recommend TENS machine. I bought mine at Lloyds pharmacy on offer and only worked out about 10 more than hiring!

And I can use it now for other joint pain!
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:06 pm 
Post subject:
Jewbell1 wrote:
I would recommend TENS machine. I bought mine at Lloyds pharmacy on offer and only worked out about 10 more than hiring!

I was gunna get one of those from Lloyds, but it said not to use during pregnancy or labour. Was yours a 'pregnancy' one?
I know the pregnancy ones have a special boost button. xxx
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:10 pm 
Post subject:
I bought one from Babys'r'us that is an Obitens . . for use in labour and it was 49.99 so only 10 more expensive than hiring one from boots or wherever and it is mine for always!!

Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, yes I bought a Maternity Femme TENS, at the time it was about 35, as had about 2 offers on it at the time, so had to buy it!
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:33 pm 
Post subject:
Ohh, I haven't seen them ones, I was looking at the normal ones they had for about 20, but MW said the maternity ones are a tads different...I always wondered Confused Laughing xxx
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
The maternity ones have 4 pads and a booster button! So can give you the extra boost when you get a contraction.

I started using my TENS machine about the last 2hrs of labour, along with G&A. For some of the contractions I found I didn't need the G&A and could just use the TENS.
Harvie1979
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:24 pm 
Post subject:
I've been looking into these for months as I'm hoping to have Plum 2 quite quickly after the original is here and my OH suffers from back pain so have been looking at buying instead of hiring.

I bought a Mama Tens unit from Amazon for 29.99 2 weeks ago, for the same price as the exact same unit is hired out for by Mothercare.

It's the basic one, but is for maternity use and I'm so pleased I bought it now.

I have a feeling I'm going to have an early baby and I didn't want to not have it by the time I went into labour.
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
i just got given one in hospital, most have a couple of them if you ask x
SuziandGracie
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:46 pm 
Post subject:
Zee81 wrote:
Jewbell1 wrote:

I was gunna get one of those from Lloyds, but it said not to use during pregnancy or labour. Was yours a 'pregnancy' one?
I know the pregnancy ones have a special boost button. xxx

I saw the LLoyds near us now sell the labour ones for 20 xx

mum18
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi all,

Im thinking about getting a tens machine, but ive got a while yet! Smile

Hope all ur pregnancys are going ok!!

I noticed that one of you are having a water birth! WOW! How do you plan that? and what happens if you dont mind me asking! Smile

xx
asupastar
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,
I got a tens off ebay as it costs the same as to rent and i couldn't be bothered to worry about hiring it and then if baby is early or late not having it in time. So i bought one for 21 in really good condition its a femme tens machine with booster button - have not used it yet but looking fwd to it.

Good luck with your search, look on the internet for the different brands femme tens, mama tens, boots tens and look for those that have been reviewed as thats a good way to know if its worth the money.

Axx
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular