my GP hasn't sent my refferal n its been 2 weeks now, help!

TwinkleMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:16 pm 
Post subject: my GP hasn't sent my refferal n its been 2 weeks now, help!
Im getting worried now Sad I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago n made an appointment with my GP for the next day. At the appointment all the doctor did was ask if I wanted to keep the baby then asked dates n typed the refferal to the hospital. Everytime I asked a question he just dismissed me n couldn't wait to get me out of the room! Mad I tryed to tell him that my periods r very irregular n that i wasnt sure when my last period was but he wasn't interested! I could be anywhere between 10 & 16 weeks pregnant just now. This morning I called the surgery to find out how long it takes to get a date for the scan n the receptionist told me that the refferal hasn't been sent yet, that it will be tomorrow before its sent. I know that the waitin list for the hospital im goin to is long n there is usually a 4 week waitin list, by that time I could be 20 weeks gone! Im worried that by the time of my scan, if there is anything wrong with the baby it will be too late to have any choices! I had some problems in childhood n doctors didn't kno if Id be able to become pregnant or have a normal pregnancy. Has anyone had problems gettin a scan? Any advise on wot to do next? Plz help P.S im 20 n a 1st time mum Very Happy
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:07 am 
Post subject:
Hi there - They are not very swift are they....When you know your referral has been sent I would ring the hospital personally my local unit offers scans at 12 weeks and not before unless special circumstances, however, I know of some trusts that do not offer scans until 20 weeks!! either way whatever their policy is they will want to see you around the time they offer the scan. Hope that makes sense I can really understand your frustration..

Godd luck and take care, Flossie xx

TwinkleMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:59 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks

Im going to call the hospital tomorrow and find out how long I will have to wait, if its anymore than a couple of weeks then I am just goin to pay for a private dating scan. Iv made another appointment with another doctor at my practice, just want to get it confirmed and get her to go through my notes with me as I was too young to really understand what was wrong with me

thanks again, Toni Smile
CJT
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, that's not very good for you, particularly as a first time mom. Firstly I would definitely see a different doctor and tell him / her your concerns. If you are really worried, (which I was earlier in the week), they can contact the hospital to offer you a scan the next day. Hope you get sorted soon.
prawnette
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
hi,

I am 11 weeks pregnant, and still have not heard a thing.... i visited the doc over 5 weeks ago now. still i have nothing.

I have ended up doing all the work myself. i have ended up calling the doctor over and over again still with no luck so i got in contact with the maternity departmant and the hospital. they have been the most helpful. i now have all the info i need with no help from my doc.

I did this but still i dont know who my midwife is...... which i am ment to have contact with her if i have problems.

its poo i know but it will def all be worth it in the end.

Good luck with it all

Jo and bump

x
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:34 am 
Post subject:
I can understand some of what you are going through Tonisssss, I have irregular periods. I can go for 6 months without a period and when I first went to my doctor about being pregnant I made it very clear that I did not and would not have a clue when my baby would be due due to my irregular periods. I feel he ignored this as he then said when was your last period, in my case does it matter? because they can't possibly have any clue about my due date from that. Anyhow I told him and he said he would send off a referral to the hospital.

Luckily I must have done my pregnancy test early on in the pregnancy and ended up having a scan at only 8 weeks and 4 days. Although at this scan they could not see the baby through the traditional route and said that I might have miscarried, I burst into tears. Then she goes or you might not be as far as you think you are, being in an emotional state I got rather angry about this as I didn't think I was very far along or not very far along. I didn't have a clue!!!!!! They did a vaginal scan where baby was clear for all to see Smile

I wish doctors would tell the hospital in advance about things like this because these people did not have a clue that I have irregular periods however they all knew how long I supposedly should have been based on my last period that I told the doctor which I also said was useless in predicting my due date.

Anyhow rant over lol.

Hugs.

x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular