missed miscarriage at 12 weeks

callyann91
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:15 pm 
Post subject: missed miscarriage at 12 weeks
i found out at my 12 week scan my baby had stopped growing and died, i had what was left inside me removed and i am devestated, i want to try and conceive again but feel selfish and guilty. i dont want the same thing to happen again and dont know when its safe to start trying.
lisamummy
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:35 pm 
Post subject:
The midwife told me today to at least wait for your next period to come which is usually around 6 weeks later, and to give ourselves time to grieve and emotionally come to terms with losing our baby, I have read that some people try straight away and its been ok for them, but for me im going to take my time.

lisa x
callyann91
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:43 pm 
Post subject:
ok 6 weeks, Confused thanks for that Smile
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
I was only 6.5 weeks when i mc and ttc straight away, what ever feels right for you hun
take care xxxx
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hey,

The same thing happened to me. I went to my 12 week scan in January and having had no symptoms, was devestated to hear that the baby had died and i'd had a missed miscarriage. I think it's even harder when you think everything is fine. My partner and I decided we wanted to try again asap because we want a baby so much that being pregnant again would help us through. I was advised to wait until I had another period so it would be easier to date so that's what we've done- to be honest, i think try as soon as you're ready - when it happens it happens. Just be aware that a false positive can sometimes occur after a miscarriage. Im literally at the time I can take a test, but we're leaving it for a while! Really want to know! Good luck anyway, I hope you have success ASAP. It's good to know that there are people in the same situation. xxx
callyann91
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:18 pm 
Post subject:
im going to wait untill after my next period to ttc again, i hope im succesfull soon as i feel that i cant be myself or be happy again untill i fall pregnant, i cant face college or work now so im going to find a difforent job now and go back tpo college another time
Moby
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
I just want to say how strong i think you all are......that is a very tough thing to hear Sad I hope it goes well for you all, I know it will Smile
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:25 am 
Post subject:
Yeah that's how I feel. I'm trying to stay happy and positive but it's all that I seem to think about at the mo. I always think about the baby I lost though, it will never take away that pain but I just want to be pregnant again. I am preparing myself for it to take a while though - it seems to be the way of the world - when you want it to happen, it takes ages! Anyway, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for us both. Hopefully if it works we'll be going through everything at the same time! Try and stay happy because you don't want to put your body under unecessary stress. You'll be okay. xxx
callyann91
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:39 pm 
Post subject:
im going to nd make my body stronger this time with light exorsize through the week and eating healthily. last time i conceived i wasnt trying for a baby so i didnt know for a while and i was still drinking alcohol. next time i wont be drinking, eating nuts, shellfish, egg or mayo because i did last time, i didnt know you shouldnt eat them. i hope we all get what we want, a healthy little baby, yes its probably going to take a while but it might not but next time its going to be right.
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi im glad to hear you soundin so positive Very Happy Im sure youll be a lovley mummy and get your healthy lilttle baby soon. TTC is so hard-what you can and cant eat etc but worth it in the end, most important advice i can give is to carry on with folic acid.
Best of luck hun take care xxx
callyann91
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
can i get that on prescription from the doctors? i think ill make another appointment soon and try and get some on repeat prescription.
tinkerbell123
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi yes you get on precscription, asda also do 6 months supply for 4. Go and see docs and have a lil talk and ask any qs you might have(it made me feel better)
Goodluck xx Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular