baby in breech position

Langas
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:24 pm 
Post subject: baby in breech position
i am 33 weeks pregnant and have been told that my baby is lying breech (not facing down), if the baby doesnt turn by 36 weeks i will have a c-section. i want to deliver naturally not a c-section. what can i do to turn the baby and deliver normally/
Jewbell1
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:00 am 
Post subject:
Hi

My friend was in the same position as you and really wanted a natural birth, she tried everything and was referred to a doctor to have a ECV (External Cephalic Version) where the doctor will try to push the baby into the correct position, however, it didn't work on my friend, but i know sometimes it can work. You could try to discuss this with your midwife.

When I was pregnant we were in the middle of having an attic conversion, and this meant i was on my hands & knees scrubbing the floors every night! I had a natural birth and I'm convinced that this helped!

It may be worth trying to go on all fours and gently sway hips from side-to-side, I also purchased a birthing ball and would sit for a few hours and watch TV. Also try to relax for a few minutes everyday and visualise the baby moving, i believe that relaxing as much as you can, can help in some cases!

Hope all goes well! Goodluck Very Happy
startingagain
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I was told my 1st baby was breech at 35 weeks and if he didn't turn I'd have to have a section, I was gutted and got myself in a hell of a state for nothing. My baby turned himself and I had him naturally just a week later !

My mother-in-law at the time helped me, she had very big babies and with her fourth, the Drs turned him twice and she felt him turn back. When the time came he was head down and 9lb 8 oz, so if he could turn himself at that size. . . . well that stopped me worrying so much !!

good luck I'm sure you'll be fine x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular