When to tell people??!!

smelen
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:10 pm 
Post subject: When to tell people??!!
So far I havent had any sickness in my pregnancy and I am now 9 1/2 weeks. Although I have had extreme fatigue and have been signed off work again. It is no joke, I've never been so tired in my life and I can't do a thing.

My question is, does anyone think it would be silly 2 start telling people at 10 weeks?? I was going 2 wait untill 12 weeks but is the danger level still quite high at week 10?? I am just so desperate 2 tell all my friends but I don't want 2 tempt fate!!

Please come back 2 me with some help/advice??

Thanks,

Helen
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there - I had my dating scan at 10 weeks 5 days all was well so we told everyone, wanted to wait until I saw it first. Can appreciate the tiredness it does wear off after about 11/12 weeks!!

Take care and good luck, Flossie xx

smelen
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
aw thanks flossie!!

I havent had a date for my scan yet. Been told it will be about 12 - 13 weeks and definately cannot wait that long!!

I'm glad im not the only one with a tiredness issue.

Helenx
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
The way you have to look at it is by telling people your lovely news you cant tempt fate....you do what makes you happy, you sound like you are bursting Laughing Let it out you will be even happier.

Flossie xx

CherylJane
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Oh dear, I've told nearly everyone as I can't keep anything to myself.. but then I thought if something does go wrong, then the people I have told will want to help me through it as my friends are my family really...

It's just too exciting!

x
lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
lol i was the same rang everyone soon as i found out xxx
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
Yes you are right - you can also choose your friends Laughing

Flossie xx

smelen
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
hee hee the advise is taken!! and very much appreciated. I suppose I'm nearly out of the first trimester so here it goes!! well got 2 tell the parents first on the weekend when theyre back from hols!!

I'm bursting at the seams lady!! (literally)!!

Take care,

Helenx
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
i waited till 12 weeks and this is my third baby. had suspected etopic early on so just wanted to be safe
ladyann
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:42 pm 
Post subject: hi
hi, i have told just my close family members, and im just a few weeks, i was so happy when i found out. i think if anything goes wrong my god forbid i would have there support and comfort. and now im enjoying saying i am pg. Smile
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I told my mum whilst still holding the pee stick at 4 weeks (we're very close!!!Very Happy) then my best mate at 6 weeks and my boss at 7 weeks cos I had some early bleeding. Waited til 12 weeks for everyone else but it was so nice to have a few people who knew to support us. I say tell who you want, when you want ! Smile
xxxxxx
gingin
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
hi, we told our parents and i told my best friends pretty much when i found out week 7/8 - the other half told everyone due to overexcitement but i held back a bit
to be honest if you suffer (and i did in the first trimester) it was pretty hard to lie about everything
as soon as we had our scan we relaxed but to be honest at that point i couldnt remember who knew and who didnt !
people who love you and care about you will be so happy and if anything it helps to have the support in the early stages especially as you worry about every little thing !
g
x
hopeful77
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:35 pm 
Post subject:
WE found out last week, I was 6 (ish!) weeks! WE basically told everyone straight away as we are now moving the wedding forward as my OH wants us to be married when we have the baby. Only not told work yet as am fairly new there and want to check my contract and rights etc before I do!!

We told all family and friends as we need the support (in the next 7 months we have 2 houses to sell, my OH needs to relocate to live with me, he starts a new job, we get married, have the baby, buy a house - HAHAHAHAHA - all this was planned but over a slightly longer time scale) so, yes we needs family and friends support.

Also, I felt that if anything did go wrong, I'd want people to know why I was feeling the way I was . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular