Feeling quite surreal and a little scared...

Cwtch
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:54 pm 
Post subject: Feeling quite surreal and a little scared...

Hello
This is all very new to me and until 12 weeks I feel like I kind of don't want to talk about it! I'm hoping other people feel like this?!
I am 5/6 weeks and very impatient! Waiting for my first appointment and trying to think in the moment and not to far ahead as it's a little scary.
It's really good to know there are sites like this to use for support as most of my family and close friends don't live nearby. Don't get me wrong, my husband is amazing so I hope everything goes to plan Smile
Been a little worred as I have a tooth infection and am on amoxycillin and paracetamol. All ok for the baby so the dentist and pharmacist says. So flipping tired too but like someone else mentioned on here, I am always tired!
Anyways, going for a nap as my tooth is killing!
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
hey cwtch,

wow reading ur message there was like i was reading my own mind from a few weeks ago!!

I found out at 4/5 weeks and just like you I was scared. I told my close friends in work straight away because I actually did the test on my lunch break thinking it would be negative, obviously I was wrong!! Smile

As long as ur healthy and look after urself you shouldnt have anything to worry about, so just sit back and relax. I was so anxious at first and kept reading up on symptoms of miscarriage which made me so much worse. What I found as a good side track is reading other people's happy stories and looking at the changes to the baby week by week, it's amazing!!

So just chill out and enjoy ur pregnancy!!

Good luck,

Helenx
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
oh yeah, I forgot 2 say, I know the lonely feeling, mine and my husbands family both live nearly 200 miles away so I can really sympathise there!!

Helenx
kate4sal
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:26 pm 
Post subject:
Yes i am just the same, am too scared to tell to many people, although have told close friends and family, just so i can talk to someone about how i feel fears etc.....! we have been trying since july but never expected to be so scared and shell shocked when i found out and depserate to have that 1st scan to see its real... its very hard too when people dont know as on ur mind all the time and everyone carries on as normal!!!!!!!
sarahnsean08
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:08 pm 
Post subject: scared
I am only 18 years old but me and my partner planned this pregnency. I am 20 weeks pregnant and as it gets closer and closer to the due date I get more and more scared. Crying or Very sad I am scared about a few things but mostly the birth. I dont think Im going to cope with the pain. My partner says Im going to be fine he`s very suportive but he has nothing to worry about, he doesnt need to go through that pain. Confused We both worry about not being ready. and i dont mean being ready to be parents, I mean being ready for the arival. it just seems to be flying through the months and i dont think i have enough stuff but everthing is so expensive. but at the same time i cant wait for him to be here. i cant wait to hold him and kiss him and make him feel loved. i cant wait to be a mum and see my beautiful baby boy but im scared about not having everything ready for him coming and also the pain of labor.
If anyone else has the same worries i would appreciate your advice xx . thanks xx
Cwtch
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:58 pm 
Post subject: Thank you
It's so nice to know I am not alone! I have only told my husband (obviously!) and my closest friend. I don't want to get ppl's hopes up. I am the most impatient person so this is going to be testing!!! Smile I keep thinking about telling more ppl but when it comes to it I stop myself. I worry a little as a friend had a m/c at 4 months, but went on to have 3 healthy children. I am totally not thinking about further down the line, don't even mention the pain - I feel sick as I have such a low pain threshold!!!!!!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular