Bleeding after a c-section?!?!

mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:23 am 
Post subject: Bleeding after a c-section?!?!
Hi ladies.

After 7 weeks of my c-section im still bledding, its doing my head in now lol. ive got through a month worth of the pill and am on my break so am still going to bleed. i thought that going on my pill would stop it like it did with my son (natural labour). i feel really tired and drained lately and i think its where im bleeding so heavily. docs say that some people do and it takes a few months to get back to normal. ive also been suffereing with alot of leg aches, dont know if its related? anyone else in the same boat?

lisa x
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:29 pm 
Post subject:
ah Lisa that sounds so grim. Not been in your situation, so can't help - just wanted to send you a virtual hug really Very Happy

Anna
xx
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
hi lis i mite hav taken u up wrong but have u bn bleeding for the 7 wks? if so that seems very heavy to me as i was told the fresh blood should stop after 1 week n it did4me, ur iron woould be v low if uv bn bleeding that long. xxxx
xBradenandDitax
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:50 pm 
Post subject:
i bled for 8-9 weeks after my c-section.
Went to the doctor at around 7-8 weeks after n he was an arse as usual, said its nothing aand should stop soon.
But i too felt absoloutly drained and it did my nut in.
Hope it stops soon
x

mummyof3sweethearts
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your replies. devonmum - ah thanks for that. soon2b yes 7 weeks it feels like forever, at first it was the kinda brown blood that gets rid of everything, but for the last couple of weeks its been bright red! (sorry, lol)
niccsy at least im not the only one, maybe it'll calm down when i start month 2 of my pill on thursday. when its only a few days to a week like usual you dont mind wearing huge nickers and avoiding light trousers etc but when its this long it does your head in.
Oh well, my little girl is so worth it! Very Happy

lisa x
xBradenandDitax
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:59 pm 
Post subject:
if it went from brown to bright red then maybe it was your period tagged onto the end!
So hopefully this means a light at the end of a tunnel lol..
I know i still cant get out the habbit of big knickers, mainly cos i threw all my nice onesa away, my bums way too big to fit in them now lol
x

LisaGandAmelia
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:07 pm 
Post subject:
Whenever I start taking the pill I get heavy breakthrough bleeding for about 5 weeks. Maybe this could be happening to you too, combined with bleeding after pregnancy and the return of AF? I hope it stops for you soon, it sounds miserable x
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:43 pm 
Post subject:
Yay! Its stopped! well has for 2 days so we'll see! Wonder wether it will start again when i take next moths pill 2mo. So pleased!

lisa x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular