Ovulation test? Do they work? Advice?! Please!

lucylu2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:58 am 
Post subject: Ovulation test? Do they work? Advice?! Please!
Hi Everyone,

I eventually came on at 35days Sad Gutted, really thought it had happened this month! Crying or Very sad
So its back to ttc. At least my periods are becoming a little more regular after stopping the pill in Dec.
I have a scan on 11th April to see if there is anything visually wrong with me, so hopefully all will be ok.

Im looking for some advice on pinpointing my ovulation. Does anyone use ovulation tests? Do they work? Are there any other affective ways of pinpointing ovulation?
Is it best to have sex a few days before and going up to ovulation or during it? Some websites say one others say the other...confused.com!!

Thank you in advance!
xxx Lucy xxx
girl74
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I bought cheap 1 ovulation tests and they are so easy to get wrong, if they show a second line, it's always faint. The best ones are the digital ones - they are expensive though, about 20 with 7 tests in.

So what I do is use the cheap ones on the 2 or 3 days leading up to when i think i might ovulate and when i get the faint line, switch to the digital one for clarification, that way i only use 1 or 2 digital ones a month.

Works for me! loadsa luck! xx
Khugs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lucy, It's very confusing with different advice about timing babymaking around ovulation, I am having this problem myself. This month, like you I have become more regular. I have been using a thermometer for two cycles and can def. see a pattern so this may be worth a try if you haven't already. I bought some cheap ov. strips off internet and read some some comments in this forum that made me think that I would look on a faint line around time of ov as a positive result. Have heard a few people say this, but not sure if it's right.
Good luck and best wishes to you, hope you have some good news soonx
PS Good idea girl 74, I might try that idea next cycle !x
obe
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
hi,
I have used ovulation sticks for the last two cycles and they seemed to work in that they told me my 2 most fertile days........although haven't has a successful pregnancy result with them so far. I bought the more expensive (about 15 to 20) clearblue ones though from boots which included 7 in a pack but I only needed to use 3 the first month and then 4 the following month. I charted my temps this cycle also but my temps were really erratic so I don't know what's going on there! I'm not going to bother using them this month as I seem to have my fertile time around days 13 to 15 so will just assume it will be the same this month. The tests were useful in helping me pinpoint that time though. Hope this helps!
Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:18 pm 
Post subject: hi
Hiya

I was advised not to use ovulation tests but to use the free charts on websites instead,I have done two different ones now and worked it our myself and they all match,so I am just going to hope for the best and start trying a day or so before,until a day or so after-just to make sure.

Good luck x
angela1903
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
hiya, i used the clearblue ovulation kits and founf them usless.... and used the free calender... it seamed pritty acurate...
i did concive, bt lost my baby at 7 weeks.
my advice is use the free calender.
good luck ang xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular