Sterlisation Reversal operation

bambam1
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:49 pm 
Post subject: Sterlisation Reversal operation
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello and say that I find everyones comments/input really useful, I have been looking at this site since I deceided that I was going to have the operation. Just a little history about myself - I'm 34, married with 3 kids aged 10,7 and 5. Got sterlisalised in 2004 shortly after the birth of my son as me and my husband deceided that we were not going to have any more children. I thought it was the right decesion at the time but know as my kids are growing up fast I'm desparate to have another baby.. Took a while to convince my hubby but as he began to see how important it was to me and how it was affecting me he changed his mind. Very Happy I am booked in for the operation tommorw at 10:45 and I am really nervous... As my sterlisation was orginally done with clips my consultant says that should be straight forward and has said that the pregnancy succuss at my age is 60%..

Anyway the main reason for my posting is just to advise anyone considing sterlisation is to think it though for a long time and make sure it is the right decesion, as it is very hard/ almost impossible to get a reversal on the NHS. I have been lucky to be able to go ahead with the reversal as my sister is kindly lending us the money £3255.00.

I have been told I will be in hospital for 5 days so will let you know how I got on next week.. Laughing
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Bambam1

Where are you having your opp?

i had mine 5 months ago and i have had so many upps and downs but still no baby!!!

but 34 is a good age i'm 34 and was given high odds of it working

We paid for up to 10days in hospital but came home after 2 spent a week at home and went back to work after that

good luck chick
x x
bambam1
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your reply, having the op at The Berkshire Independant Hospital.

Glad to hear you are ok now. Smile

Take care x
sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
hi chick

health wise im on top form

it got rid of my pmt i mean i am in no where near as much pain as before
and no mood swings

you will be back on top form in no time

x x x
stillbroody
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:30 pm 
Post subject:
hi bambam

i had my reversal done at the berkshire independent under a Mr Williams on the 26th August everything went welll booked in for the 4 nights but came home after 3 yr age is good im older than you and not given any odds basically no stats for my age but had clips and sterilisation done 22 months previous but at the end of the day my OH who knew the situation when we got together says if its meant to be that it will happen and ts a bonus hes younger than me and has no kids its our 3rd month of trying had +opk kits and no bfp yet but we are having fun trying

i was back to normal a week after op but did take 3 weekjs off work they advised 6 weeks but definately didnt need it and 3 weeks was too long but oh wanted to make sure i was ok healing is different for everyone good luck for 2moro and keep us informed of your progress

take care

linda x
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Sharon,Linda and everyone.

Just to let you know that I am home and well, came home on Saturday morning, have to say only really been in the land of living since Monday - had to stop taking the pain killers as they made me so spaced out but feeling alot better now. Linda, Mr Williams was my consultant at the Berkshire Indepandant , have to say they looked after me really well. Anyway operation went well other than Mr Williams told me that my bowel was fused to my falliopian tube so he had to repair that first, said that would have happened when I was sterlised orgainally and they should have noticed it!! Sad but did'nt seem to concerned, Also said that I had alot of scar tissue on my left tube so had to cut that shorter but sad there is no reason why I can't get pregnant from that side, Laughing told me I could start trying in ten days (god can't imagine ever having sex again at the moment feel like my bottom half don't belong to me ) My scar is about 6 inches long. The most pain I would have to say I've had is wind and god I have been Soooo consipated, the pain is like bloody contraction pains, have been adviced to drink Organic Vegtable Juice from Waitrose which worked a treat, taste disgusting but within 2 hours of drinking it I was on the loo, feel about a stone lighter now, the strange thing is I have hardly eaten and lost half a stone since last Tuesday so have to wonder how I got so bunged up. My husband said jokely I was always full of SH.T. Laughing
Have to say though my husband has been excellent and really looked after me well and our three kids, just makes me hope that we can have more kids together. Question

Speak to you soon

Lisa x

Ps: Forget to mention that I got my period started 2 days after the op and that was very heavy and painful but at least I got that out of the way..
bambam1
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Linda,

How long was it untill you started doing housework again?, i.e using the vacuum cleaner/ ironing.. told me to wait three weeks?? but I feel okay.

i had my reversal done at the berkshire independent under a Mr Williams on the 26th August everything went welll booked in for the 4 nights but came home after 3 yr age is good im older than you and not given any odds basically no stats for my age but had clips and sterilisation done 22 months previous but at the end of the day my OH who knew the situation when we got together says if its meant to be that it will happen and ts a bonus hes younger than me and has no kids its our 3rd month of trying had +opk kits and no bfp yet but we are having fun trying

i was back to normal a week after op but did take 3 weekjs off work they advised 6 weeks but definately didnt need it and 3 weeks was too long but oh wanted to make sure i was ok healing is different for everyone good luck for 2moro and keep us informed of your progress

take care

linda x[/quote]
stillbroody
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lisa

glad your well and feeling fine in regard of housework i felt good around the sunday did some ironing sitting down lol but did my head in so to be honest got on with things from then on i think it helped but if it felt too much let my oh take over he was brilliant hope your back to normal soon

i started my af on the sunday after the op it was ok a little longer than normally six days but after that felt up to jumping on my oh lol so it was just under 2 wks and everything was ok

my tubes were ok just some scar tissue around the right ovary but he cleared that off .

take care

linda
xx
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Linda,

Thanks for getting back to me, maybe I will give the ironing a go tomorrow if I feel ok, hubby keeps telling me housework and ironing don't matter but I'm the same as you does my head in like to be organised..

Will be ovulating from Saturday so said to my hubby maybe we should have a practice, he is so nervous bless him says he will be worriied about hurting me because of my scar - sure I will be able to change his mind.. Laughing

Take care

Lisa x
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
hey honey and welcome aboard to us reversal girlys i only have one tube and that is only 3cm but dr said thats a motorway and more than enough Very Happy
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Quinny,

Thanks for that, made me smile Smile

Lisa x
whatisit
Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:07 pm 
Post subject:
hiya- im booked in for my reversal fingers crossed onthe 19th Dec- have to have all the test results back ok, a scan ( as consultant thinks my uterus is bulky) and have started my period on time ie 2 days before so he can get the last blood test!
im having it done laparoscopically which is costing £500 more consultant fee but its a day case. im hoping to be back at work staright after xmas infact im hoping when i meet family on the 26th no one will suspect ive had an op. Am i being too optomistic do you think?
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
hey honey i was very sore and ill for 2wks but i did have open surgery
my only advise to you is get some windeaze as they flush tubes after with 5 lts of dye and it bloats you big time
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
whatisit wrote:
hiya- im booked in for my reversal fingers crossed onthe 19th Dec- have to have all the test results back ok, a scan ( as consultant thinks my uterus is bulky) and have started my period on time ie 2 days before so he can get the last blood test!
im having it done laparoscopically which is costing £500 more consultant fee but its a day case. im hoping to be back at work staright after xmas infact im hoping when i meet family on the 26th no one will suspect ive had an op. Am i being too optomistic do you think?

Hi,

I had open surgery which I would think would need a longer recovery time as the consultant said the recovery is like a hysterectomy without the emotions. Sad As you are having keyhole would hope you would be up and about within a few days. I had a catherter and drip for 2 days so did'nt get out of the bed till day 3. On a positive note it is now day 10 post op and I've got to say I feel great, my stomach is still numb and I can't quite run about as before but i've been xmas shopping yesterday and today and I'm fine. All I would say is everyone is different. Your recovery will also depends on your health/fitness before the op, the worse pain I had was the wind and consipation.. Take my advise and go to Waitrose get your self some Organic Vegtable Juice incase you get consipated after the op, you will also need Peppermint tablets our windeze as my stomach is still really bloated now.

All the best with your op, just take it easy after, listen to your body when it tells you to slow down, you will be baby making before you know it. Confused Very Happy

Take care, have a great xmas

Lisa xx

PS: Hope you have done your xmas shopping, also walking really helps ease the wind afterwards Laughing
bambam1
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
quinny2008 wrote:
hey honey i was very sore and ill for 2wks but i did have open surgery
my only advise to you is get some windeaze as they flush tubes after with 5 lts of dye and it bloats you big time

Hi Quinny,

II had open surgery to and still suffering from a bloated belly. It is day 9 post op for me but have to say I do feel fine now, how long did it take for the numbness to go in your belly? Sorry I know this is very personal but how long did you and hubby wait untill you had intercourse? Embarassed I feel great but my husband is a bit nervous about it incase he hurts me??

Thanks
Lisa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular