Sterlisation Reversal operation

JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
hi bambam1 we started trying about 2wks later poor hubby was so scared he would hurt me bless him Very Happy but no probs at all Very Happy the only numbness i had was the scar its self and thats still numb and were 15 wks p/o
Aslong as you feal ready you can start trying some of the ladies inn reversal thread were bding 4days later my consultent just said when we feal ready
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your support girls i knew i could count on you. My GP was refusing to mark my scan as urgent this morning (even tho the consultant had) he said if i wanted it done urgent id have to pay- this was all through his secretary. I demanded to speak with him and suddenly hes changed his mind. Scan booked in for the 15th now which will be a bit close but this going to be a to the wire job anyway if consultant insists onthe 2nd bloods. If sperm, scan and 1st blood test all ok im going to push him to do it regardless- well try anyway!!!
bambam1
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
whatisit wrote:
Thanks for your support girls i knew i could count on you. My GP was refusing to mark my scan as urgent this morning (even tho the consultant had) he said if i wanted it done urgent id have to pay- this was all through his secretary. I demanded to speak with him and suddenly hes changed his mind. Scan booked in for the 15th now which will be a bit close but this going to be a to the wire job anyway if consultant insists onthe 2nd bloods. If sperm, scan and 1st blood test all ok im going to push him to do it regardless- well try anyway!!!

Hi,

If you are worried about your period starting when you are due for the op you can take tablets to stop your period - which is what I did as I knew it would be close, basically you start taking 1 three times a day 2-3 days before your period is due and then stop taking them on the day of the op and your period will start 2-3 after you stop taking them. Worked perfect for me. Smile They are callled Norethisterone, if you go to your GP and explain you need to stop menstration they will give you a prescription. I did'nt even need to see the doctor, explained on the phone and collected the prescription that day. They are perfectly safe and widley used.

Good Luck - let me know how you get on.

Lisa x Laughing

PS: Just stood for an hour + and done a pile of ironing so well on the mend Smile
whatisit
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
hi thanks for your advice. Will get some windeze in. I dont need to stop AF i need it to come early. If the dr doesnt get the day 2 blood test hes not doing the op. My AF is due the day before the planned op date - talk about cutting it to the wire!!!
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
i was on my af when had my reversal Surprised
Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
hows everyone fealing hope all ok Very Happy
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Quinny/Everyone,

Im feeling great, getting better every day, only set back I've had is an infection in the scar, docs gave me antibotics and healing now. Can't beleive it was 2 weeks today I had the op done Laughing

My consultant told me he could'nt do the reversal if I had my period that's the reason I took the tablets to stop it..

Hope you are all well to.

Take care

Lisa x

Ps: How long did you leave it untill you drove? consultant tols me 4 weeks?
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
bambam1 i was told not to drive for 6wks Crying or Very sad had to rely on o.h and i hate his driving scares the life out of me
glad your all ok your have to nip into the other thread now getting pg after reversal were all a gr8t bunch
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy Hi all, so good to read some brill advice. I'm having sterilisation reversal on March 23rd 09, as open surgery!!! i am sooo looking forward to it and excited!!!

All the best to everyone!!! xxx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
hi mandy and welcome to askbaby good luck with op if we can offer any advise pls feal free to ask
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:05 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy thankyou so much xxx
i have a few questions, silly ones really tho Embarassed
what do i need to pack for hospital? will i have bleeding after?
bambam1
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Again,

You will need nightshirts, big knickers (because of your scar) and some sanitary towels, you should'nt bleed after but I found that the dye they flush though your tubes kept leaking out, also not sure about you but my period started 2 days post op.

You will definately need to get some wind eze for when you get home or peppermint tablets to help with the trapped wind Embarassed

Good luck, let me know how you get on Very Happy

Lisa x
mandyr76
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:40 am 
Post subject:
Very Happy thankyou for the info, i will let you know as soon as i can. i have started taking sanatogen pro-natal too as reccommended by my gyne!!!! xxx

thankyou and all the best to all!!! xxx
mandyr76
Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:27 pm 
Post subject: reversal op
Hi ladies, I had a sucessful op on monday 23rd march and am recovering really well.
I have staples to b removed tomorrow!!

Cant wait to join you on the TTC boards!!!

Good luck everyone xxxx
bambam1
Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Mandy76,

Glad all went well, hope you are feeling okay, just take it easy Laughing

Come and join us all on this tread: Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversal - Part 2

Lisa xx Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular