Heavy Excercise- TTC/ Early pregnancy?

Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:33 pm 
Post subject: Heavy Excercise- TTC/ Early pregnancy?
Okay so I am jumping the gun, as not actually pregnant yet, and prob a stupid question, but just wanted to get some opinions, would doing high impact aerobics or similar (lots of jumping around etc) harm a very early pregnancy or potential cause a miscarraige. Ie if I didn't know you were pregnant yet?
jenniP35
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:29 am 
Post subject:
Hi, I spoke to my community midwife about this. She said if you are used to doing lots of exercise (in my case dog walking) then you should be fine to carry on. I know a friend of a friend who is pg and goes to the gym 5 or 6 days a week and has done for a few years now, but I think she lies to the staff there and her midwife about how much she is actually doing. I would check with an expert
obe
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
I too wonder about this as I go to high impact aerobics classes but in the second half of my cycle whilst waiting to see if preg or not I always wonder if I should be doing the class or not just in case I have conceived and it could cause miscarriage. Don't know the answer though and I guess if you are already fit then it shouldn't really be a problem?
helen73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, I am a bit of an exercixe junkie, and while my body is used to it as i've been doing it for far to long, my dr has advised me to tone it down a bit whilst i'm ttc. I don't have to stop exercising, just keep my heart rate at between 60 and 70% of max and no more. Hope this helps xxx
Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:14 am 
Post subject:
Thanks everyone for your feedback, I guess I'll just carry on excercising for now, and not worry too much. Maybe I'll tone down a bit during the TWW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular