Doner eggs

AD2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:06 pm 
Post subject: Doner eggs
Ive just been back to hospital today after my third failed ivf only to be told my best chance is to have doner eggs because mine arnt good enough so im now on a two year waiting list for the eggs unless i find someone myself, life just feels really rubbish at the minute.
Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:36 am 
Post subject:
Hi AD2,
so sorry to hear that its not going your way but keep your spirits up ......my sons best friend at school is 9 yrs old and his parents paid out £15,000 on failed ivf treatments and gave up as they had spent up and 2mths later concieved by themselves.... so you never know i mean they were out of money she was nearly 38 and had told they had no chance and would not be able to adopt a baby as she was too old and they did it .....

Could you not find a donor ? i mean ther is a lady on here who wants to donate eggs ?
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:47 am 
Post subject:
an option is paying half of someones ivf and in return she gives you her eggs we looked into this
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:53 am 
Post subject:
Hi AD2.

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having.

Do you mind me asking, what area do you live in?

Lisa
xx
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:56 am 
Post subject:
I live near hull in east yorkshire,what the hospital are going to do is find me a match with someone who is doing ivf i pay 4300 then i have to pay for there drugs on top of that then pay for my drugs aswell so it will cost about 5500, i have got a sister who has got two kids but they won't take her because they won't take anyone over 35 they also won't take anyone who has a female fertility problem it has to be a male one, they try to match someone with me as much as possible like height hair colour and build, im just hoping its not going to take two years thats so long i do need time to save for it so just a year would be nice.
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:06 am 
Post subject:
Wow Chick thats loads,

i know it sounds mad but have you shopped around? fertility care are good so i hear they have a few dotted about

does you local nhs have an assited conception unit they are generally better priced too

hope it works out for you

x x x
AD2
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:46 am 
Post subject:
I will check out other prices but when i was looking at ivf cost there wasnt much difference really, the place where i would have it done is an nhs hospital but they won't give me anymore help with the cost because ive already had my two free treatments and thats all they give you so where on our own now with paying for it.
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:06 pm 
Post subject:
aw thats bad of them the nhs are not ment to make a profit from treatments ......i would try care fertility they may at least be able to get it done cheaper
AD2
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
Ive just looked at sheffield care and they are only 100 pound cheaper and its alot further to travel looks like im going to be broke for a while whilst im saving lol
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry about that chick .....

fingers crossed for the lotto then.......

take care

x x x
hopingforamiracle
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:34 am 
Post subject:
Hi AD2

I would love to be able to help you. However I am now 36. I would gladly donate some of my eggs if it would help.
My hubby and I are looking at IVF atm. I have to go to the Fertility Clinic today. The problem is with my DH and not me. He had a vasectomy reversal in 1999 and now has anti-sperm antibodies.

I hope you find someone willing to help.

Lisa

P.s. I originally come from Hull, but now live on the south Coast. I still have family and friends there.
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
AD2
I am so sorry for you, what devastaing news. You are so brave looking for other options and I really hope that you find a suitable donor.

Good luck hun xxx
AD2
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:33 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you hopingforamiracle its means alot to know you would help if you could,
Hi terina im just trying to get use to the idea of using someone elses eggs at the minute i feel like im still going to be on this site when im an old lady saying ill never give up ha
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry you have had a rough time.

I am requesting referral to Oxford for egg share ICSI, they have a scheme where I can donate half my eggs and get a reduced price IVF cycle. I have to do it this year as I'm 35, we are having trouble ttc as OH had a vasectomy reversal and his sperm count was pants. I am looking forward to donating some eggs in the hope that perhaps someone else will bet their dream bundle of joy Very Happy

I have two children already, but a third with my husband would be the icing on the cake.

Have a look at the HFAEA or is it HFEA (human fertilisation and embryology authority) web site, it has a search facility to help you find clinics that offer egg share schemes / egg doners near you.

Good luck hun.
October 2010 2nd ICSI, short protocol BFN
trying to raise funds for round 3, hoping to cycle august 2011
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck lillia,

do you have an appt yet, and can i be nosy and ask how much they are charging you?

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular