Advice on how to relax?

obe
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:52 am 
Post subject: Advice on how to relax?
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and wondered if anyone can offer any advice on how I can relax about ttc? We've been ttc for 7 months and this month we have been unsuccessful again as my af has appeared this morning and I am feelng pretty down as usual. A friend told me she was pregnant yesterday and I am really happy for her but just wish it could also be me. It seems it is all I can think about and everyone around me is pregnant so makes it even harder. Everyone tells me it will happen when I relax and stop thinking about it but it is easier said than done! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks xxx
Ab1
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:00 am 
Post subject: hi
Hiya
Im new too i joined this morning
ive been trying for 18mths now so know how you feel. My best bud is pregnant which is great but weirdly annoying too.
I try to relax and i know its easier said than done, i take baths and light candles, breathing exercises are good too breathing in through ur nose and out through ur mouth and as you breath out think of ur name or the word relax. This does help. you can get relaxation cds too from wh smiths.
Relaxing music is good too or find a hobby i do cross stitch and find this clears my head and keeps me busy.
Hope ive given you some ideas good luck Very Happy
obe
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:17 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the tips I will give them a try anything will help! It is really nice to chat to others who are going through the same thing as I often find it hard to talk to my friends and family as I feel they don't really understand how I'm feeling. Most of them know we are tyring so that adds to the pressure as well! We have booked to go away for the weekend this month so that should help me to relax as well.
Wishing you good luck also xx
bubndave
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:28 pm 
Post subject: obe
hi hun i'm new to this to and i don't know all the short hand that every body seems to be using.so sorry if it gets a bit long winded. we've been trying for six month now, and it's hell every month i'm on tender hooks hoping and praying that this is the month and crying my heart out when it's not. as you say every where you go it's babys and more babys. like you my friends and family know we're trying and some approve and some don't. until coming on these sites i didn't think that there was anybody that could understand how it can crush you into a million pieces .it's hard beause i'm so very happy for those who are pg but also bloody jealous.as for trying to relax i've sturdy reiki the art of healing which is also about relaxation . so fingers crossed and keep trying to stay positive. lots of baby dust and good luck.
Tigger83
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun,

Have you tried Reiki or reflexology? I have had both lots in the past but just have Reiki now. Its really relaxing and helps clear my mind and balance my body and energy ready for the baby dance Laughing
Other than that, I just do all that I can not to think about when I am due on or when I can test etc. Obviously that is much easier said than done, but I do lots of things to fill up my time, like going to the gym, reading books, walking my dog. If the thoughts start to pop into my head, I quickly find something else to fill it with!!!

xx
obe
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
thanks so much for your suggestions I might look into reiki is sounds good I've heard of it but don't really know much about it so I will try and get some information. I'm not too bad in the waiting period after ovulation (although think every pms symptom is a pregnancy sympton when deep down I know its not) but get so down when af arrives and can't seem to snap out of it for days and then constantly think about how we can improve our chances again for the nxt month it seems like a vicious circle! I just need something to take my mind off it! We conceived our first child really easily so can't believe how difficult it is this time around.
thanks x
MrsE27
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Tigger83, was thinking of starting reflexology this week. Been ttc for 4 months, been off the pill for 6 months but was on it for 10 years. I heard reflexology can help regulate hormones. I was wondering how useful you found it, and do you think that Reiki is better than reflexology?? Would love to know how you got on!!

All advice greatfully recieved!! xx
ja43118
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
All - I have been having Reflexology & Reiki for a few years now and started Acupuncture a month ago.

Reflexology (foot massage basically) is very relaxing. Reiki involves no direct touching but is both relaxing and spiritual. I owe a lot to my Reiki Healer as she has helped me immensely to deal with emotional issues which she believed were stopping me in my journey to motherhood. However, I also found that this posed many other questions for me which I am still trying to resolve.

I started my Acupuncture last month and have found it so relaxing and she has taught me how to read the signs of my body. I have just discovered that I am actually ovulating on 9 of my cycle - not day 15 as I have been calculating so this has proved immensely helpful to me - was 6 days late every month in trying.

Obviously - I can only say that all these people have helped me to relax - but cant say too much as I obviously am not pregnant yet! However, every individual is different - so you should try and contact a Health Centre / Life Centre and ask to speak to each of the therapists and explain what it is you are looking for and you will know from speaking to them which one you feel the most drawn to.

Good luck - and if anyone wants any further info on any of these - please ask. I am only a customer so I cannot recommend people outside of my area - but if you live in Aberdeenshire - then I can point you in a great direction.

Jo x
obe
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
thanks everyone I will definitely look into reiki and reflexology as they sound really interesting.

good luck hope the relaxation techniques help bring some good news sn x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular