giving notice at work

Eled
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:39 pm 
Post subject: giving notice at work
I am dead stressed out about telling my boss the news - I am sure some of my colleagues have their suspicions because I am now 18 weeks but I work in a bank which is very male dominated and just cant imagine how I am going to open up the discussion - dont get me wrong I am sure they will be dead professional but I have worked there for 22 years and always been known at a career girl having worked up to quite a senior level - can any one out there sympathise or have some ideas???
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
What is it you fear about telling them your fantastic news????????? You do not legally have to tell your boss until 15 weeks before the birth but in not telling them at this stage you are missing out on your boss being able to carry out a risk assessment for your own safety, paid time ante natal appointments and generally being able to support you!
Why don't you just ask your boss for some time to speak and say then and then ask him/her when is the best time they suggest to announce the news to the rest of the team. I'm sure your colleagues are all wondering why you haven't told them as you'll be starting to show soon! Enjoy the moment, it's good news not bad and i'm sure everyone will be delighted for you!!! Very Happy xxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular