essential oils in shower gels

stephanie82
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:34 pm 
Post subject: essential oils in shower gels
hi everyone, this may seem a strange question but im 6 wks pregnant and have been using a palmolive shower gel with the essential oils of rose, jasmine and orchid in it and thought nothing of it, however ive been reading everywhere now that essential oils can be harmful to your baby and they are to be avoided. has anyone else used this sort of shower gel and stopped, or carried on or know of anyone whos experianced problems because of it?

thanks

steph x

xamberx
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
hiya, i wudnt worry abt shower gels etc, i thnk its more pure essential oils i did an aromatherapy massage course at col an quite alot of those are harmful during preg bt ther the pure 1s the 1s u get in shower gels are diluted alot, mayb get sumfin diff if u worried bt u shud b fine i use them in my bath xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
I would agree with amber. I'm 25 weeks now and have been using orig source stuff and I think as long as in gels etc (can you imagine the concentration too??!!!! It'll be tiny in most normal shower gels, most of it will be chemical scents!) you're ok xxxxx
stephanie82
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
many thanks to you both, you've put my mind at ease!

x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular