can my baby sleep in the Quinny Dreami carrycot!!?

karenkaren
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:57 pm 
Post subject: can my baby sleep in the Quinny Dreami carrycot!!?

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knew if it was safe to let a baby sleep overnite in a travel system carrycot (i have the Quinny Dreami) Someone told me it is not good and that i should buy a moses basket instead. Any advice appreciated!! I was also told from someone that it is ok for them to sleep overnite in the carrycot but that i should buy a moses basket mattresss for it.... altho i dont really see the diffrence in the moses basket mattress and carrycot mattress. Also, some moses basket mattresses have ventilation holes and some dont - so confusing!!!!!!!!!! thanks
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
I've been told and read that you shouldn't let the baby sleep in the travel system seat things overnight as the position isn't right for them. Were you thinking of not buying a cotbed, moses basket or crib? xxx
karenkaren
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi!
Its flat carrycot not the car seat bit - do you think thats still ok? i have a cotbed but wanted to put him in our room for the first few months - hence the carrycot. So much to think off!! Wink
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
Ahhhh I see, I just googled it and had a look. It looks ok in terms of the shape and stuff but maybe just buying an extra mattress for some more solid support would finish it off? I have my original moses basket from when i was a baby and we bought a new mattress for it and it's got a wipeable, washable layer etc. That might be easier for feeds, baby vomit (!!) and stuff of that delicate nature! You may need a stand too to put it on and I don't know how easy it would be to get one to fit if it wasn't a standard size. Moses basket sets come in pretty cheap nowadays - it may be a lot easier getting one and save you searching for bits to fit the carrycot? Good luck! xxxx

karenkaren
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
thanks - i think im prob panicking too much and the carrycot will be ok....with 2 wks to go im just starting to freak out Wink Will therefore prob just buy new mattress then Wink thanks!
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:45 pm 
Post subject:
2 weeks?! How exciting!!! Try ebay for mattresses for unusual sizes.....cos mines is a vintage size (well 27 yrs old now!!!) we couldn't get one from mothercare etc but got one on ebay which was perfect for 12.99!!!! XXXX
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:24 pm 
Post subject:
its fine without the mattress hun! my brother has it and mothercare said its ok as its padded and not hard based so its similar to a mattress anyway. hope that helps. if ur unsure, pop in and ask them questions, theyre good at things like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular