AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hey all xx
havent posted for a while x
Hope everyone & our not so little bubas are al ok xx

Callum had his birthday on saturday is was hectic he had a garden party at ma mums wiv a bouncy castle n that but where it was so hot he was quite grumpy n i forgot ma camera so was peeved off. he got some lovely pressents tho and it turned out all ok.
Callums waking more oftern at night now im putting it down to the weather and thurst so im letting him have water when he wakes.
Callums now on cowsmilk permantley it was really easy to change him over xx he can stand up by hisself for lil periods now it so cute but no signs of walking yet xx

Frankie How was ur 8days away? Hope she didnt miss adrianna too much xx

Jade Glad caden was abit better is he much better now? I give callums jars too n i tried finger foods but have found the same he jus gets bored n chucks it it doesnt fill him up x Hope chloes feeling better now x

Jen Thats great welldone sam!x xx

Beth Hope dylan had a great birthday x aww first haircut i think i wont be taking callum for yonks still xx

Harper Glad willliam had a fab birthday x He doesnt settle unless he has a bottle in his mouth i think its heat and thirst at the mo jus bearing with it x

Taz Glad george had a great birthday x Hope the conjunctivitis stays away now for george x Glad he doing so well at nursery xx

Liljack Hope alex had a fab birthday x Glad uve settled in ur new place i bet its so much better its good how long it lasted for tho without him waking x bet u cant wait to go in decemeber glad u got all ur visa stuff sorted x Its fantastic how well alex walking is going hes doing so well xx
Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:40 pm 
Post subject:
hi all

hope everyone is well

it sounds like all our little people are coming on in leaps and bounds

jenjen - cant beleive how many teeth sam has - bet i wouldnt recognise him now?
(arianna still only has 4)

harper - hope william is feeling better
hope you get pregnant when you want then

my trip was long but went fast cause i was so busy but i was so pleased to be home to see my little angel

she is saying daddy and cat now which is so cute

MichelleHx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:29 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone. It's been a while sorry. Imogen has been walking properly for about a month now and i just can't keep up with her. She's also amazing at climbing and has mastered how to get through the long baby gate we have that seperates our living room and kitchen. So she's now emptying my cupboards everyday Laughing
We've just got back from our 2wk holiday to Turkey. It was so good. Had a brilliant time just chilling by the pool and eating lots of nice meals. Imogen was an angel. On the plane there she cried for about 10mins cause she wanted to walk around but then she slept, and on the way home she was asleep before the plane took off and woke just as we were getting off. And while we were there she just adjusted to it all and seemed to have a brilliant time too.

It was her birthday yesterday. I really can't believe she's 1. Was a little emotional yesterday. We went to the farm with some family and friends and had a great time.

Too many posts to reply to them all but really hope you're all ok. Hopefully we can all start posting a bit more as it seems we're all losing touch a bit. Sad xxx

Harper
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:21 am 
Post subject:
I know what you mean Michelle - was quite emotional on Will's birthday too. And my brother left for America on the same day so I was a wreck!! (he's only gone for 3 months but still!!!)

my mum is here at the moment but will post more later when I have some time to myself. (ie, after the baby is in bed and before the husband gets home!!)

xx
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:28 am 
Post subject:
hi junies not a lot of post good job we have fb to catch up lol

carla- was just looking at your pics the boucy castle looks great bet you had a lovely time n happy bday for callum , chloe n caden r much better thank you glad thats all over for now lol, cadens been waking too in the nite but i find he wakes up wen he hasnt eaten a lot during the day so hes just waking cus hes hungry but it must be the heat has well tho

michelle glad you had a good holiday its weird to see them so grown up its like they just turn in to toddlers over nite lol

well cadens walking he started 2 days ago but hes doing so well hes already trying to run he can walk the full lenght of the room its so sweet i thought he was going to take ages to learn but it just happened over nite lol... well hope your all ok xxxx

frankieandarianna
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone

seems a bit quiet on here at the moment

michelle - glad you enjoyed your holiday
how did imogan cope with the heat?
hope she enjoyed her first birthday

harper - hope you are well
fancy a get together in central london soon?

hi to everyone else

we have jsut got back from a week in shetland with family which was lovely
arianna loved her first trip to the beach and all the animals there
she has just started taking tentative steps now too but i am sure she will get more confident soon

x

xTEGx
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:00 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,

Tis Taz here. Changed my name. TEG just represents mine, hubby's and our sons first name initial.

Changed it just because I wanted a bit more anonymity as a few people I know, know about this website. Probably a bit too paranoid but hey ho.

Stating the obvious but it's very quiet on here.

Hope everyone is well.

Take care.
xTx
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone

Taz - nice to see you here again. Are we still allowed to call you Taz? Its hard when people know about this site isn't it. Hows George doing?

Frankie - Imogen coped with the heat really well actually. We kept her in the shade most of the day or we were in the pool and she spent most of the time in her swimming costume so it wasn't too bad for her.

Jade - Well done Caden, sounds like he's doing great. It's true what you said they suddenly just grow up over night don't they.

We're having a bit of a nightmare with Imogen atm. She's just got completely out of routine since holiday and her birthday and we've had to go back to CC with her. Sad Last night took 45 mins. Hoping for shorter time tonight. It feels much harder now than when we did it before. She's also a little terror in the day as she begun to throw herself down in temper tantrums or just screams at me when she wants something. It's very frustrated and really wearing me down atm, but it's just the joys of motherhood I suppose, she will learn soon. Luckily my friends are all back from uni atm so i've been able to go out and let off some steam, which is great.

Hope you're all ok and the not so little junies. xxxx

xTEGx
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Michelle,

Of course, still call me Taz.

George is great though he's coming down with another viral infections. Feels like he's been more sick than well over the last few months. I've managed two full weeks of work in a row just gone, so I'm really hoping it continues. Just awful when George is sick. He gets really bad eye infections and while he doesn't moan too much, he just looks like he's gone a few rounds in the ring.

George now and then throws himself down with the temper tantrum as well. One of these days, I'm not going to be quick enough to catch him and he's going to hurt himself.

Well I'm off to bed. We were up till midnight with George last night, so I'm hoping for a better night.

Hope Imogen goes down quicker than last night.

Hello to all the other Junies & LO's.

xTx
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Taz,

Aww poor George, is he just picking things up from the nursery? I've heard this can happen, takes them a while for their immune systems to build up. Hope he stays well

Imogen really does hurt herself with her temper tantrums, she throws herself about with such force. And if it's not that she's hurt herself whilst trying to climb up something she shouldn't. I'm really getting worried about the amount of bumps she's getting.

Hope George had a better night, we were very lucky with Imogen, she went to sleep straight away. Hoping that will be it for now but thinking it was probs a one off. We shall see.

xx

Harper
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 am 
Post subject:
Oh my, it's been a while since I've posted, time goes so fast these days.

I'm struggling with Will at the moment - he's still not walking at all, he is still getting up before 6am every morning, even though he's tired (went back to sleep at 9.15 this morning!) and changing his nappy is currently like trying to pin down an electric eel. Am just getting really worn down by him at the moment. In my generous moments I'm putting it down to teething (he's cutting teeth 14 and 15, they're nearly through) but he's dreadfully clingy. This sounds awful but am having one of those weeks where I feel like everyone has a better baby than mine!!! Embarassed

I relate to the temper tantrums too, I just worry so much he's going to grow into an angry young boy. But weirdly in company he's always quite nice. So it's like he reserves the horrendous behaviour just for me... great!

Francesca, would love to meet up soon, really miss having you closer. Where in London do you go in to on the train? Maybe we can organise something with Jen and Sam too.

Hi TEG that confused me for a moment! He George is on the mend. We've been up against it with ear infections over the last few weeks. It sucks doesn't it. Taking him to the docs again this eve for a check to see if his ear drums are still swollen.

Michelle well done with the CC, it's hard but I think necessary, you can't be rocking a 13 month old to sleep, your back will break! Weird how they drop out of routine every now and then isn't it. I'm' having a shocker with daytime naps at the moment, we have no real routine at all to be honest because he's between 2 and 1 naps a day, bit of a nightmare.

To top it off, I told my mum we're ttc for next baby and she told me she thought it was too soon and we won't cope!!!! Shocked Am now thinking she's right as Will is such a handful at the moment.

Ah well moan over. Have good days all!!! xxxxxxx
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Harper,

I know how you are feeling. I know that sometimes it feels like you are the only person who struggles with their baby but I've been there (and still am) plenty of times.

I have to say that I am finding things much more manageable now that I am at work. I feel in control of my life again. Generally over the last year I've always thought that my little boy just happened to be a bit more of a handful than most of my friends and hence I've found being a mum bloody tough but I've realised for me anyway that, George is generally quite a good boy (always on the go which is exhausting) so the issue wasn't that I had a difficult child, the issue was (still is) my high expectations. I have mixed emotions of how I've dealt with the last year. In many ways, I wish I could turn back the clock so that I could have enjoyed my time with my boy a lot more and then there are times that I'm glad those days are behind (for now, maybe).

I don't know what the point of my post is, I feel like I'm rambling on, all I know is that over the last year, reading all your posts, you have always sounded like a great mum. Will sounds like he is a happy boy,well most of the time Smile and that is down to you (and your husband of course). I have very strong thoughts about whether we'll have another child (in my heart I'd love to but my head feels a bit screwed up with it all and definitely says NO) and even with these strong NO feelings, I think we will end up trying for another one day and I know I'll deal with it so much better and differently.

Only you and your husband know if it's the right time but from what I know of you though your posts, I'd say you'll definitely cope.

Take care.
xTx
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
hi all

harper - i go into either liverpool street or kings cross so to be honest its quite easy for most places
unless you know any good baby places in town i find john lewis good as there cafe ont he top floor is huge so they can crawl about etc and they have a special area to heat baby food and changeing room is fab

everyone else
arianna is doing some tantrums too - she just does this piercing scream - the first time it was so unexpected i laughed which was the wrong thing as it encourged her - big mistake

it is hard thoguh some days and i am not at home like lots of you but by sunday night i am exhausted so i appreciate what alex does every day

Jennijen
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:33 am 
Post subject:
hey all

Don't sound so down everyone, this parenthood lark is jolly hard and I think we're all doing a fab job.

Sam is also partaking in tantrums, NO doesn;t work as he laughs in my face, again my fault as I laughed too in the beginning!! He has 12 teeth and I think there is more lurking as he was sick in the night this week which is usually a sure sign, and he woke up last night too, normally he sleeps like an angel, but he won;t let me give him any pain relief except anbesol! guess it will be over soon until the next one but we are all shattered, sam has been asleep for the last 2 hours too! Nappies are a nightmare too, luckily he likes listening for planes going over which keeps him still long enough as there is always one! - guess there are good points to living in London after all!!!

I only have one week left at work, and I am looking forward to being at home with sam again, although I agree with taz a bit that work does make you feel back in control, its nice letting someone else take the responsibility for a while!!

I have a scan this afternoon, I know it will be ok, but can't help worrying a bit as this time in sam's pregnancy I only had a week left and it was a scan that showed he was in trouble and needed to come out!!

Frankie/Harper would love to meet in London sometime soon before I get too fat!! (I still have a tiny bump but you never know when a growth spurt might occur!!) Frankie I don't have your number anymore but mine is the same as I stupidly lost my phone a few weeks back x

Harper
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:22 pm 
Post subject:
Evening all,

We're just waiting for our curry to arrive so thought I'd catch up with you all. We are living on takeaways and microwave meals at the moment as our gas has been permanently cut off from the kitchen because gas was escaping and it was really dangerous and only going to get worse!!! Shocked So that happened on Wednesday and in the mean time we've decided that as we have to completely re-pipe the gas and cable the electrics to the kitchen for a new oven (the old oven was [*@!#%*] anyway), we might as well get a new fitted kitchen! We've been wanting to do it since we moved in and my mum has offered to help us with the cost as there's no way we can afford it independently, so hopefully by the end of August we'll have a new kitchen! Fingers crossed! We're away for a week in August so it's only a couple of weeks we'll be struggling without an oven.

Phew!

In the meantime, Will has cut two more teeth, the molar is half through and the canine pretty much fully through so I'm hoping that's what I can put his current moods on... Taz you're so right, I do have very nigh expectations on him, I sort of feel like he should behave like an adult, if he doesn't eat what I've prepared for example then I think "How unreasonable and rude of him"!!! This weekend my OH is doing all his meals so I can have a break, I get quite fed up of it. He's been crying at the end of his tea quite a lot recently which is maybe to do with the teeth. He's been pretty good today considering he has been dragged around kitchen showrooms. In Magnet, he fell asleep on my lap!! He hasn't fell asleep on me for ages!!

Jen - one week at work, huzzah! Love the fact that Sam listens for planes, how cute is that. My brother's little mate when he was 4 or 5 used to look at planes in the sky and go "ah that's a Virgin plane" as if he could see!! Looking forward to meeting up with you and Frankie xx

Francesca (and Jen) - that sounds good, or we could go to a pizza express, I've found that the food there is really good for the babies hands - William loves their garlic bread, and mozzerella and tomato salads!! (And the pizza obv!!)

TEG - Ooh it will take me a while to get used to that! - we went to see our friends' newborn this afternoon after our kitchen missions and OMG she was cute. She just slept the whole time and they said when she was awake she just cried, but even so I was broody!!! Embarassed Are the nights better again now?

Michelle - how is Immy, is she settled again at bedtime?

Hope everyone else, Carla, emmaloo, Mazzy etc are well - lots of love, I'm off to eat curry now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yumyumyumyum xxxxxxx
Page 233 of 236

Jump to:  

Community

Popular