Newcomer - constantly trying!!!

JanineAndCasey
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:23 am 
Post subject: Newcomer - constantly trying!!!
Hi

I came off the pill in November and as far as I know, so far no luck. I have found that I am now thinking about it all the time and it's started to get annoying I just want to be pregnant already.

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on ovulation tests and if I should have started using them already? I don't really know anything about them and do not know who to ask as it seems all my friends in the last 2 years have managed to get pregnant by accident or straight away! so at the moment it feels I'm the only one finding getting pregnant difficult!!

Help
x
girl74
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:47 am 
Post subject:
don't worry - you are not alone! I feel exactly the same as you. I started TTC in October but with no luck. At the moment it feels like everyone is having babies around me and i'm tired of people asking when it's my turn!

It's got to the point where i see women in the street pushing prams and i am so envious of them - or 22 year old girls with 2 or 3 children and it all seems so unfair.

Ovulation tests are a good idea cos at least you learn when you actually ovulate - i never realised mine was day 17 until i started testing.

Loads of luck to you x
deore
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:30 pm 
Post subject: trying to
[size=18][/size]
hi, i came off the pill in jan,and still not pregnant!
so i know how u feel,i thought it would happen striaght away!
Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:38 pm 
Post subject: Hi
Hi deore.
I came off the pill in december but haven't started trying yet as have been waiting for my periods to settle down-which they have no,so am starting trying this month(hopefully this will be my last AF!)

It can take a while for your body to settle down,so don't stress too much about not being preg yet.I'm sure it will happen soon.

Have your periods been normal since you stopped?x
Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
I came off the Pill in February, and this will be my first proper month of trying. I also assumed getting pregnant would be a lot easier, but having read a lot of the forum posts, its clearly not the case.

I am trying to stay relaxed and not have it constantly on the brain or let it stress my out, if your stressed it makes it more difficult to conceive.

Good luck to everyone and fingers crossed for BFP's soon!
Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject: to cazza
Good luck to you too cazza and lots of baby dust as well! ~********~
Lozzy89
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:33 am 
Post subject:
hey girls.

i came of the pill in april 07 and we started trying in September 07 and its now April 08 and still no joy. im 19 and my bf is lots older than me. its still not happening and it can get so down.

any top tips girlies?? Wink

cheers Laura
angela1903
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
hey laura , my advice to u is use the free ovluation calender, they are sooo much easier.... and seam pritty acurate.
i was trying up untillnov 07 and fell pregnant in jan this year bt later miscarried... its only a matter of time, i thought it would neva happen, bt it did even though it was only for a few weeks ...
best of luck and use the calender it does work....
ang xx
Rach1234
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Im also all new to this, i came of the pill in January. I dont know if it is just me but i spent so long trying not to be pregnant that i assumed that as soon as i came off the pill it would just happen.

Me and my hubby have been married 2 years and everyone around us at the moment keeps asking when are we going to have a baby - if only they knew!

I know its early days, but its all i can think about!
Wifeyboo12
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:53 am 
Post subject:
i kno how all u ladies feel. ive been ttc since november nd its soo frustrating and agravating to see so many young girls (and dont get me wrong im young myself im only 20) but these girls are 14 and 15 years old gettin pregnant without even trying and us the ones that are ready willing, able, and stable enough to be mommies are havin so much trouble. i wish us all luck in being future mommies
whoopsie77
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all. I think we have all been misled! For so many years we have been warned about how easy it is to get pregnant accidentally, but then when you wanna be, you can't!!!! How do these teenage preggers happen by chance when we can't do it planned?LOL
Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:02 pm 
Post subject: Hi
Hiya.to answer your question (which I agree with btw!) ,maybe it is that we are trying too hard and worrying about it too much,which isn't helping.

We need to relax and enjoy it more!

Lots baby dust for everyone ~********~
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
hi everyone i completely agree it is harder if u plan it if u dont then it just seems to happen with my first son i was takin contraception and still got pregnant i think we stress about it too much which takes longer to concieve
and i work in the local hospital in delivery suite so seing people give birth alot is makin me sooooooo broody
JanineAndCasey
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:53 pm 
Post subject: Thanks
Everyone is so kind on here it really makes you feel you are not alone. I know that I have to wait but I supoosed like many others that I had spent about 9 years trying not to get pregnant and now I want a baby it is not coming as easily as I expected it to. I found out yesterday that another friend of mine is pregnant and she doesn't even want the baby, she has 2 already and even though they are keeping it her partner is not happy. I just keep thinking why do people who do not want babies get them and people that want them so much have such a hard time ttc.

J9
x
obe
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
I agree totally it seems the more we try and want it so much it just doesn't seem to happen......I have 2 friends at the moment who got pregnant by accident! Also I have already have little boy and he was conceived straight away and guess what we weren't even thinking about having a baby really at the time just that we would see what happened and got pregnant straight away! This time we want a 2nd baby so much and it isn't happening......been trying for 7 months with no luck........but when you want it so much how can you stop thiniking about it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular