somoslagente
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:49 am 
Post subject: BAMBINO MIO NAPPIES
Anyone else considering using
re-useable nappies?

came across a system online and nearly bought 2 different size trials packs until i saw that the delivery price was almost as expensive as the actual nappies.

now looking on the actual manufactuers site to see what their costs are like,

Am none to keen on paying ten pounds plus for a pack of nappies that will take years and years to break down. neither am i keen on washing old terry towelling nappies and messing about with safety pins.
iky
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:53 am 
Post subject:
Hi there, im so glad u posted this subject as im definately interested in using reusable nappies. Please could you forward me the website and any useful info you may have. Thanks.xx
somoslagente
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:16 pm 
Post subject: sure
i looked at lots of websites.

they are all charging delivery costs - but hey - itīs hard to find this kind of thing in the shops these days and disposibles are SOOOOOOO expensive anyways

I just ordered two different sized packs and a set of liners to have a look and get started.

it cost me 32 pounds - but thats the price of 2 or 3 cheap packs of pampers! and i got 200 liners with that

the page i went to was

bambinomio.com

let me know what you think!!

viva the environment and our purse strings
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:31 pm 
Post subject:
I checked this out too and was interested for a while but then I came across some boo boos which made me think again.
Thought I'd post though to let you know that when I was considering it, ebay had some great deals from sellers to keep cost down a bit.
xxxxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:59 pm 
Post subject: difference
whatīs the difference?

i ordered 2 trial packs to see what i thought - one small one medium.

donīt really think i should buy newborn not sure Confused Confused
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:05 pm 
Post subject:
I think it depends on what brand you go for but I found most worked the same way. As far as i can see you need the outer waterproof bit (which you have to get bigger sizes of as baby grows) then you have a cloth part which you do funky folding with for boys, girls, newborn, then you have the liner which goes inside that which you bin and its biodegradebale. The cloth bit you still need to wash as the liner just catches some of the 'deposit' !!! Laughing
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:30 pm 
Post subject: LMAO
LOL

the deposit HAHA

īscuse me for being silly - but this will be my first baby.

How many times do I expect to change the baby a day?

Am hoping to breast feed if possible - but possibly will have to move on to bottles due to circumstances
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
My first baby too so not 100% about this poo/pee thing but as far as i can gather it could be up to 70 nappies a week so around 10ish a day if your baby likes being precise!!!!!! Laughing Laughing I'm gonna give breastfeeding a go too and see how i get on but not sure if i'll be able to do it or not xxxx
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
We are planning on trying reusables but are also planning on getting some trial packs first.

Check with your local council as some provide financial incentives for buying reusables. There are also support groups in many areas where somebody local will offer advice on best practice and the different types.

My thought at the moment is that we'll have disposables at the hospital then try some reusables in the comfort of our own home when we've perfected the skill of looking after a needy newborn!
somoslagente
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
good idea chutzpah

yep i have a free pack of newborn disposibles coming anyway - courtesy of a baby club i have joined Laughing Laughing

not sure my local council does the nappy thing - the one next door does and i emailed them this morning but they canīt help as i live outside the boundaries

Rolling Eyes

will be emailing my own council about the scheme though

when are you due?
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
i just keep imagining changing a nappy in the middle of the night and being so sleepy i put it together wrong and end with poo all over the place by the morning!!! Laughing xxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:52 pm 
Post subject: baby routine
am hoping baby sleeps right through the night LOL

Laughing Wink Laughing Wink

not sure about sh1tty nappies at 3 in the morning HAHA especially as Iīll be doing the majority of changing by myself
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
yeah my hubby works nightshift two weeks on two weeks days so it'll be me too....... Shocked xxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:05 pm 
Post subject: men
oh well . at least youīll see yours from time to time

my beloved couldnīt be a bigger pest today if he tried!

maybes iīm lucky weīll be separated by 3 hours flying time at the begining - though he plans to be there for the first month or so.

god i couldnīt stand him being in the labour suite though. i think that despite the pain iīd manage to get off the bed and hook him one if he was acting like he is today.

urrghh - i already have the controlling a toddler practise in - courtesy of a 30 year old dad to be.
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
hahaha i'm gonna have my mum there as well as hubby cos i'm sure he's going to get really upset if he sees me in pain and he can be a big baby sometimes....bless! by the way on the nappy thing again, i know you can get bio degradeable disposable nappies too if the reusable ones didn't work out but you still wanted to be an eco warrior xxxx
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular