Cant get 9 month to eat mashed food!!

Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:06 pm 
Post subject: Cant get 9 month to eat mashed food!!
My 9 month eats his purees really well, he also has his finger foods well. But when I tried just mashing his food, he coughs and sicks!!! He refuses to eat his veg mashed so I just go back to pureeing, he gobbles it up then. Any suggestions??? Confused

Have tried adding his milk to water it down, but no good.....
CarmelR
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, a couple of ideas for you to try is you have not already:

1) Thicken the food gradually more and more with baby rice.
2) Add well boiled normal rice to give it lumps
3) Give plenty of finger food which includes veg. My little girl has just turned 6 months and I think she has been ready for weaning for some weeks (she has stopped sleeping well and is cat napping in the day and waking up to nine times at night). I have been given her broccoli, boiled carrots etc. to munch on and she loves it.
4) Load the spoon up with the lumpy food and let you little one put it in their own mouth. It will need to be quite thick to stick to the spoon.

The main thing is not to stress about it. Try to keep meal times fun. Keep a camera by your side when your babs is eating and look for funny opportunities to take a pic so that you pick up on the lighter side of weaning. Your baby still needs their milk as their main source of food until they are 1 year old.
Linzxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
Thanx for the reply... Will just keep on trying... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular