spotting before period does anyone experience this?

obe
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:43 pm 
Post subject: spotting before period does anyone experience this?
hi there,
Every month I experience spotting before my period which lasts for anywhere between 2 and 5 days and then my normal bleed begins. I am currently having blood tests to check my hormone levels but wondering if any one else experiences this and knows whether or not it effects fertility? I never know whether to count day 1 of my cycle from the spotting or when heavier bleeding starts so that makes detecting ovulation difficult so have to rely on OPKs. Some monhs I have even eperienced spotting in between cycles and last month I started spotting on day 22 of cycle which turned into a normal bleed on day 27. If anyone else experiences this or has any advice about it that would be great.

Just want to say I only joined this forum a few days ago but I have already learnt so much and it is really great to share experiences. Thanks xx
ccann
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
I am the same as you and find it very frustrating. I really then haven't a clue when ovulation might occur. My period can often be 23 days and sometimes its 28 days. But those first 2 days (pre-period) sometimes occur and sometimes they don't. We've been trying for a few months now and I'm off to buy one of those ovulation kits. Glad to hear I'm not the only one and interested if its common enough or not?
lbee
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:58 am 
Post subject:
I also get spotting but it is more like brown blood, some say its old blood. My cylce since coming off the pill is 21-22days. Trying to get pregnant again!!!
obe
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:57 am 
Post subject:
Thaks for your comments I also experience the brown blood sometimes it can last 5 days this months it has lasted about 2 and 1/2 days before period stated. I will be going back to docs next week to check if the reason I am spotting is because of low hormone levels. When I first started trying I used get my hopes up and think the spotting was implantation bleeding now I know once it arrives period will follow in 2 to 5 days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular