Drinking water

Anitha47
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:15 am 
Post subject: Drinking water
Hi all,

My son is 7 months old and he's eating solids well, but I can't get him to drink water (or diluted fruit juice) from a cup. He turns his head and starts to cry when the cup approaches him. I've tried 3 different types of cup with spouts or wide teats, spill and non-spill and am now getting worried that he won't be getting enough fluids.
Does anyone have any tips on how to encourage him to drink from a cup?
tirednewmum
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
My daughter is now ten months old and I had the same problem. I initially gave her water in a bottle (sometimes worked, sometimes didnt) and got the cup out every meal time and left it on her high chair for her to get used to. She began to play with it, throw it and eventually started to take sips from it, though this took about two months! I did not want to give her juice and so only ever offered water, on the basis it was not the taste but getting used to a complete change in how she drinks. She still only drinks water. Hope this helps.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:03 am 
Post subject:
i started giving my daughter water/juice in her bottle and then i tried to introduce cups but she never entertained them. eventaully i found a cup which has a soft end to drink from which the baby has to press down/bite down on to get a drink as when i tried her with a cup with a hard end she would just bit it and nothign would come out but with the new cup she would bit down and the juice would come out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular