FETAL DOPPLERS

pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:27 am 
Post subject: FETAL DOPPLERS
Has anyone else purchased one of these? I have just got mine and its amazing to be able to listen to the baby's heartbeat whenever you want. Its also really reassuring in between the midwife appointments/scans.
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:13 am 
Post subject:
Me and my midwife were discussing these yesterday, she is not a big fan of them. She says she has had women come to her concerned because suddenly they cannot hear the baby's heartbeat when in fact nothing is wrong. I think that these fetal dopplers can be pretty unreliable I won't be purchasing one.

x

pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:23 am 
Post subject:
well i guess its an individual choice whether you get one of these. You sometimes can find it hard to find the heartbeat but usually you eventually do. I use it just to listen in now and again.
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:27 am 
Post subject:
Very true and I'm glad that it's working for you, I just don't know if I would be good at dealing with not being able to hear the heartbeat after many successful runs plus my mum is not a fan of them (not quite sure why) and would rather not listen to her whinging about how women coped in the good old days without lol.

x

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:23 am 
Post subject:
Hi I bought one of these back at 14 weeks and have used it ever since with sheer joy!!!! It's fab for hearing your baby move before you actually feel it and is ace for listening to baby inbetween midwife appts. It was great to be able to include my hubby when he wasn't able to feel it move and my mum and dad who live 150 miles away are able to listen to it recorded on the computer which was lovely for them. My one is an Angel Sounds one which was 25 and mines is totally reliable!!!! Best thing I've bought the whole pregnancy! Wouldn't knock it til you've tried it Smile
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:24 am 
Post subject:
Hi, i got one and i love it. I think its great to be able to hear it whenever you want. Sometimes it does take a while to find it but i get it in the end xx Very Happy

k175ty
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
ooooohhh where can i get one of these? Very Happy
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:25 pm 
Post subject:
Kirsty, try ebay you can get them cheap on there and mothercare do one with two sets of headphones for mummy and daddy to hear xxxxx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
ooh nice one thanks. how much are they from mothercare? xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:34 pm 
Post subject:
On the website they're 30 xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:38 pm 
Post subject:
brilliant-thank you xx
pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:37 am 
Post subject:
The angel sounds one, i believe, can only be used around 22 weeks but the one I have can be used from around 12 weeks. I am not sure what sound i would hear when the baby is moving, i can just hear the hearbeat at the moment and it always seems to be in the same position
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:48 am 
Post subject:
How far gone are you prommie. What does it sound like? The heartbeat is like a horse gallaping, really hard thuds. The other more wishy sounds is the blood in the umbilical cord.. thats normally in the same place xxx

Ive got an anglesounds one and you can hear from 12 weeks aswell. i love it, need to get a battery though as i accidently left it on one night! x

pommie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:50 am 
Post subject:
i am 19 weeks pregnant now. I can hear the heartbeat very clearly and it usually doesnt take me long to find it. I try to hear the heartbeat when the baby moves but as soon as i put it on my belly, the baby stops moving.
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
My angel sounds one has worked from around 13 weeks too. Baby moving sound is like a rustle, sometimes I used to poke it a bit to make it move!!! Laughing I know when mines is wanting to sleep as it lies against my placenta on the right hand side and if it's woken up it's in the middle xxxx
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular