prams/pushchairs etc

Gus
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:58 am 
Post subject: prams/pushchairs etc
We are expecting our first child in November and we have started investigating the pram / pushchair saga. It all seems a bit of a mine field. I suppose we are looking for an all in 1 unit that will switch from a pram/cot to a pushchair and a car seat if there is such a thing. it is important that we can have the choice if the baby faces us or out - again I am not sure if ther eis such a model. We live in a town and would probably use it for local things or to put in the car when we go further afield. Any advice would be much appreciated
thanks
Gus
kimmage
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
My sister has recently had a baby and this is the pram she has
Mobi 3 in 1 Combi By Cosatto Its really good it has everything you were talking about, its a pram that turns into a buggy and you can choose which way baby faces.
You can get a matching car seat too, i think you have to buy those seperatly mostly as they have to specific to your baby for safety reasons.
This buggy comes with loads of accessories matching sun sheild, foot muff and even a changing bag! bonus Wink
Hope that helps you on your way?
babydevilxxx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hey there,

Have you had a look at mamas and papas? They have a few prams that are what you are looking for, silvercross is also very good! Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Amy + 25wk bump
luckygem
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
I have the Bugaboo Cameleon, It does everything you want and I think its absolutely excellent, it's now 2years old and still going as good as when I bought it. With my first child by the time she was 2 I was on my 4th pushchair.
Watch out it's pricey Shocked
Tilley
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:01 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Gus,

Quinny do a really good travel system and although its a bit pricey its not too huge so you should be able to get it in the car ok and it looks really funky too. Travel systems can be a bit pricey but I guess if you're paying for 3 things in one and you find a good quality one its worth the moneyh.

x
libbysmom
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:07 pm 
Post subject: quinny buzz
i have a quinny buzz travel system that i am selling as we are moving to canada very shortly. it is great, but our situation has changed and i regretably need to sell it. my Quinny Buzz pushchair and Maxi Cosi car seat is worth around 450 with all the extras included. All black reflection in colour. Includes underneath tray, bag, quick release parasol and wheels, rain covers for both car seat and pushchair, car seat adaptors to fit to pushchair, wheel pump, Quinny foot muff, Buzz instructions. it is in Very good condition. i can sell for 200. i live in cardiff.
Gayle
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:36 pm 
Post subject: Which buggie
We done so much research on buggies its a nightmare. We decided to buy a Cameleon Bugaboo, we're 100% happy with it. The 3-in-one is fantastic, it fits into my super-mini car (taking the detatchable wheels off first) and the car seat maxicozy is the best rated baby seat you can get todate. The price is a bit rough, but basically this is the Only pushchair you will be purchasing throughout your little persons transition from baby to toddler.
CharlieMarley
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
We have just had our son and are planning to have number 2 next year. If that is also your intention, I would advice you consider a double buggy for this one. A friend of mine suggested this to us, and we bought the Phil & Teds Sport which starts as a single buggy for newborn onwards, but can then be adapted for number 2. It'll save you buying another pram if you are going to have another one within the next 2 years.
If you buy the adaptor for it, it works with the Maxi Cosy car seat as a travel system, although to be honest, we never use it.
The Phil & Teds looks good and is really nice to push.
kellyinlondon
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
i have a bugaboo chameleon which is the best pram for walking. it's wheels are especially designed for rough terrain and it steers like a dream. It's great for rainy weather coz it just glides over mud. the package consists of the base with a pram attatchment and a buggy attatchment for older children. you can have your baby front or rear facing and the handle will move over the top of the pram so you can change the way your baby faces without actually taking the pram or buggy attatchment off and turning it around manually. it comes in some lovely colours, i have red but you can buy seperate fabric packs to change the look if you get bored, my daughter has requested denim! you can also buy matching change bag, parasol and foot muff. I love this pram as my daughter cannot climb out of it as the buggy is quite high off of the ground. the maxi cosi car seat also fits on the frame with adaptors so there is no disrupting baby if she is asleep and you want to move her from car to buggy.
CarlLaLa
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
Heya, this is mine : http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3590593/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500012028.Baby%2Band%2Bnursery%3EC%24cip%3D1500012038.Pushchairs.htm

think someone mentioned they have it, I totally love it:D xxx

nmoore
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:18 pm 
Post subject:
A little tip when chooseing your pram make sure it fits in the car, we got one and when it came down to useing it we couldnt get it in the car so had to get a smaller on for the car.

Burnsey
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:27 am 
Post subject:
Hi

I am looking at one of the travel systems too, I was quite interested in the Quinny Buzz, I liked the fact that the Maxi Cosi Cabrio car seat fitted the pram also.

There is another travel system too which seems to be quite good and has a bigger shopping basket and it a bit more versatile than the Quinny, it's the Apple ICandy, which can convert to the Pear ICandy if you have another baby in a couple of years, the best thing about this is that the Maxi Cosio car seat is compatible with this also.

I think I might be going to invest in one of these.
Bazzle
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:36 am 
Post subject:
I absolutely LOVE the Qunny Buzz - think it looks fab, but was unfortunately a tad out of my budget Sad !!
I have ended up buying this one from Babies R Us. Graco Quattro Sport TSB Travel System - Azzuro
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Deal.aspx?id=1669&zone=Bru
It came with travel system and a nice soft carry cot, And all the accessory kit ( foot muff, raincover, changing bag worht 100) came free with the pram. The other thing I like about this one is that the car seat has a base that it clips into so you dont need to fiddle about with the seatbelt when putting in and taking out of car - I bring this up because my friend has the silver cross that is also lovely but it is a real bug bear of hers about the carseat, and apparantly Silvercross dont do a base unit to clip car seat into???

It is small and compact and so far my teddy has really enjoyed being pushed round the garden in it!!! xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular