c-secion

BurroughsL
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:51 pm 
Post subject: c-secion
Hi all, this is my first time...so please bear with me.

I have to see a consultant on friday as my midwife feels I might need a planned C-Section due to breaking the base of my back many many years ago. She said I may not be able to have an epedural, due to it going direclty into my spine and that if i dont have the C-Section it will be a lot more painful than normal. i've heard you can brake your coxis (think thats how its spelt) in labour as it is.

I know what ever they decide it will be for both our safety, I was just little upset at the thought of not having a natural birth, and also about having to be on the Labour Ward as opposed to the midwife lead birth centre at my local hospital.

I'm not sure what i'm asking really, maybe a bit of re-assurance. has anyone been in a similar situation? i'm worried about how i'll cope after the brith, not driving for six weeks etc.... Rolling Eyes
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. I have had 2 sections 8 and 10 years ago, and may possibly need one in the future. I had my sections due to differen reason from yourself and can understand your concern. When I had my first I had emergency so not time to think ahead or worry and I coped ok. Second time it was elective and of course I knew ahead. Its not a walk in the park and it is major surgery, but how I look at it is if its the best for you and your health and of course baby then you will get through. Both times I was driving in less than 6 wks. 4 with my 1st and 3 with my 2nd, and in that time I was able to get out with my husband and on walks with baby. Even 2nd time when I had atoddler too, time flew and before I knew it I was feeling alot better and able to drive. Its not ideal but if its best for you both just take it easy rest when you can, no heavy lifting, except help from family and friends and enjoy you baby. Good Luck Pupx
molly1973
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
my sisterinlaw had c section, and she wouldnt have it any other way! she said it was lovely, done so quick, no contractions, very calming. and all very painless. i have never had one so cant comment on how your feeling, but good luck and sure all will go well xxx
Marien
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:46 pm 
Post subject: I'm having one too!
Hi, I'm pregnant with my first and will be having a C-section also for medical reasons but to be honest I'm REALLY glad I won't have to go through a long and torturous labour and the pain! (Not to mention 9/10 women throw up during labour - nice!) I know it is major surgery and there are risks involved but my friends who've had one say they're glad they did - also I've found out my baby is really long (and big) and they'd probably have to cut me to get him out! Shocked Which I absolutely couldn't bear!!! Look on the bright side, hopefully we'll have no labour pain, no cutting, no damage to the pelvic floor so no major bladder or sexual problems AND we get to know when our babies will come so we'll not have to face going overdue AND we can plan things in advance! It's all good if you ask me. Good luck xx
BurroughsL
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you all so much for your re-assurance. I am now feeling much better about things and to be honest, I hope the Dr tells me tomorrow I have no choice!

I'm a bit worried about whether my boyfirend can be present at the birth, and whether i'll be able to meet the baby right away, but i'm sure i'll cope.

Thank you all again.
molly1973
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
when my sister inlaw had her planned c section, my brother was with her the whole time, so dont worry, its all done very quic. and painless. and she had the baby with her too. good luck xxx
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi again pup here.. When I Ihad my Emergency section my DH wasnt present but thats very rare to happen.. With my planned section my DH was like most there to see the birth in full and my DD was shone to me straigh away and I was able to hold her very soon and put her to breast. If you let the medical staff know what you whould like before the section Im sure they will be happy to help. Although section had a lovely time when DD was born. Best wishes. pupx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular