pushchair confusion!!!advice if you have time!

outoftheblue
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:32 pm 
Post subject: pushchair confusion!!!advice if you have time!
hi everyone,
wasnt sure where to post this , life seems to be as good a place as any..
anywy i am 5months pregnant with first baby and currently researching pushchairs...
its all so confusing and not sure what to buy.

i do know that i need a three wheeler with pump up tyres as i go for lots of dog walks and walk everywhere generally. dont have a car so not going to get a travel system..

i have seen two pushchairs so far that seem ideal:one is the urban detour quantum.

the other is a safety 1st kansas pushchair.

they differ in price a LOT ( 300+ and 70+respectively.)

i like them both and there is loads of info and reviews on the urban detour but cant find ANY info from reviewers on the cheaper one..
has anyone had one? know anything about it? advice please!!!

xx lizzie Confused
RWneedssleep
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I have had nothing but problems with my urban detour! They sell it as a push chair that could be used in the countryside but I have used it for paths only and still had 2 punctures and a ripped rain cover - rubbush!

I can't advise you on what one to buy - just tell you my poor experience.

Sorry if you have already purchased it!

Make sure you keep the receipt!
outoftheblue
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:22 pm 
Post subject:
hey thanks for the reply.... we stilll not bought anything so it was in time!! x we are now looking at out and about nippa 36os as these seem quite suitable and reasonable price...

cheers again
xlizzie
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:04 pm 
Post subject:
hiya - we walk a lot, and have a Jane slalom pro - the chassis is brilliant, but there are a few design flaws in baby comfort!! Even with the little flaws, I'd recommend Jane because of how robust it is - and with the carrycot top its even better (its only the pushchair top that I'm, not so keen on). It also has a front disc brake (like a bicycle brake on the handle) - very very useful when you live on a steep hill!!

When we were deciding we went to lots of baby shops to have a look at the prams physically - there is a huge difference in how solid they feel.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular