travel cots

kelston
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:05 pm 
Post subject: travel cots
is it alright to keep a baby in a travel cot every night or will it be better to buy a proper cot
Sammywu1
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
It is fine to keep them in a travel cot. Thats is what I did with my 1st and I am going to do the same with this one!! Looking at the travel cots now they are so advanced with the types of mattresses you can get and if you get a travel cot with the bassinette in it you can use it right up untill they are around 2 years old or until they can climb out. Cots are so expensive and with my family being all over the place it was handy to be able to pack up her own bed and take it with me where ever I go. I am going to get a new one for this baby, keep the old one downstairs for baby to sleep in through the day and it has a changing table and things on it so that is helpful too, then have the new one upstairs. They are like half the price of a normal cot and I find alot more practical.

Hope this helps!!! xx
kellyinlondon
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:49 am 
Post subject: cots
I think it would be fine. To be honest I wish i'd put my daughter in one as I found she didn't have a lot of room to move about in her moses basket and i then had to mess around trying to get her cot from the spare room into my room which was not very easy coz they're so big and bulky. It also means that if your baby falls asleep somewhere else in the house you can bring the cot to them rather than try and get them to the cot which would probably wake them....
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
For the first two weeks of my daughter's life she slept in a travel cot, and to be honest I wish I had kept her in it. It had this battery controlled vibrate, music, a changing mat to go over the top as well as a little light, and it got her off every time. When we got home we put her in the moses basket, but she ended up spending most of the time being cuddled to sleep and only put in when she was fast asleep which was exhausting! As long as the matress in it is not too thin and hard, it would be fine to use and is much cheaper than buying a big bulky cot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular