working during pregnancy

outoftheblue
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:47 pm 
Post subject: working during pregnancy
hi there,
this is my first baby and ive just got a new job as a catering assistant.. i have told them i will be available til the end of july and im due in aug 21st.

have just gotr a bit worried about if i will be ok in the weeks 30-37 !! has anyone else had this sortof job or any job that is lots of standing and walking til late in pregnancy.... was it ok? im very active usually ( iwas a dancer and dance teacher before but stopped at four months.

i was feeling ok untill a couple of people commented being concerned. are they just being over protective??

wuld appreciate any advice!!

thanks and hope all your pregnancies are going well...
somoslagente
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:35 pm 
Post subject: job centre
according to the jobcentre you are able to work right up until 11 weeks before your due date and they donīt really accept pregnancy as an excuse for not looking.

i lost my last FT job just before christmas (normal as i work in the travel industry and jobs are temporary). They tried to send me for a job as a waitress in a busy airport (not even close to what I usually do but for them it counted as it was in the airport).

I am big already at 15/16 weeks and thereīs no way I could stay on my feet all day
PLUS in reality - who is going to take on a woman who will need to leave work in 10-15 weeks ??
outoftheblue
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:37 am 
Post subject:
its a nightmare eh? i was quite lucky to get this one as they said it would give them a few months to look for someone permanent... we got on well at the interview and it seems a really nice place to work, i just hope i can do the job when im looking like a beached whale (and prob feeling like one!)

i hope you find something suitable, i did sign on for the last two weeks but not entitled to anything as my partner earns too much... i prob could have not worked but i would get really bored and also i wanted some financial independence.

the job centre are a nightmare as they dont see you as a person just a machine and if you are pregnant you need to find something that suits you as stress is bad for the baby!

thanks for the reply..
x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular