hair loss

bakedbean
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:51 pm 
Post subject: hair loss
Hi Everyone,
I had my first baby in August - a beautiful girl called Isabel - after many years of trying and eventually IVF/ICSI.
I've noticed in the last few weeks that my hair seems to be falling out loads more than before my pregnancy.
Anyone else noticed this???
Is it normal???
Many thanks
Bakedbean and babybean! Embarassed
wriggler2008
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
my lil man was born at the end of august too and my hair has started falling out quite a bit too, i read up on it online and it seems quite normal so i wouldnt worry Very Happy lol mine keeps clogging up the plug hole!
bakedbean
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much - that is very reassuring. I was starting to really worry about it.
Your little fella looks absolutely adorable.
Bakedbean
SexOnFire
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
Yes it is completely normal, you keep a lot more of your hair when you're pregnant (which is why it generally feels thicker), so it then comes out over a much shorter space of time after you've had your baby. Smile
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:42 pm 
Post subject:
as mika says Very Happy its cos you don't lose hair during pregnancy much - if you breastfed it can delay the loss slightly, but it'll all come out in clumps soon enough Very Happy
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
lol mines still coming out, its driving me potty more than anything as it REALLY clogs up the plug hole in the shower!! lol oh has to pick it out as even tho its my hair it still creeps me out! Very Happy
Annika
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
I also had this BADLY. I had double whammy, first trimester I think I lost almost quarter of my hair, it eventually came back but then after the baby fell out all over again!!!!!! I now have stupid baby hair sprouting thru, but it's getting there!!!!
I got so irritated that I lopped all mine off boy short....... it will stop tho just to reassure you, try not to worry 'cos it ends up a vicious circle.... stress obviously being another contributing factor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular