Faint line on pregnancy test

sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:59 am 
Post subject: Faint line on pregnancy test
Hi girls - another really stupid question - sorry!

I've read a lot about people seeing a faint line on a pregnancy test - i'm wondering about how faint the lines are - i took a test the other day and when looking at it first it looks negative but if you look closely at it, you can see a really faint line - I know I didn't do the test for long enough - but i've not got any symptoms of pregnancy or period?! I'm 37 days now but no idea where my cycle is as I've only had one period since my miscarriage in january and that was 6 weeks after. I'm trying to wait a bit longer to take another test incase I don't have much hormone if I am pregnant - at the same time i don't want to get my hopes up. I thought the line I'm seeing faintly might just be the underlying line that is ready to come up if it detects the hormones?! This probably makes no sense...i'm waffling now! Any advice or similar experiences? x
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:03 am 
Post subject:
hi sarah
because u r still early on that might be y the line is faint u should leave it a while try another the main thing is u aint had a period so thats a good sign that u might be pregnant dont know if i have been much help hope all goes well for u i find out at the end of the if i am pregnant and i cant wait
take care Very Happy
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:19 am 
Post subject:
Thanks honie,

I really appreciate your help. I keep thinking that i'm late on in my cycle and that I should have lots of hormone and symptons if I am! Really don't think I am though!

Good luck with your test - what a horrible wait! - lots of baby dust for you in the meantime!

Sarah. xx
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:24 am 
Post subject:
when we want to be pregnant we start to think we have got signs that actually we dont have it the mind playin games cos keep thinkin that feel sick so i must be but i know it way to early to find out so def aint got know signs of pregnancy yet
its doing my head thinking about it
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:31 am 
Post subject:
Me too! Everyone says it will happen when you least expect it and when you are at your most relaxed but when you want is so much then it's easier said than done. My mate said to me yesterday...just pretend that you're not trying and think of other things! True...but impossible to do!
How long did it take you to get pregnant with your first two honie, if you don't mind me asking?
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:37 am 
Post subject:
my first i was on cotraception so that just seem to happen
my second i stopped the injection and fell within the next month
my on the other hand was the first i was on the pill so i came of the pill in june 05 and didnt fall till january 06 so that was really frustrating
hopeing it wont take that long again
my friend said the same try not to think about it but it is impossible
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:56 am 
Post subject:
Well it's a good thing you've got healthy children all ready - can put your mind at ease about your ability to carry a healthy baby. I hope it happens for you straight away - it would be nice to see more of us ladies getting pregnant quicker! When you try, it doesn't seem to happen as quickly! Frustrating! x
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
yeh it just doesnt happen when u want it to and my babies normally come premature so that is a bit worrying i only carry till about 30 weeks
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
Aww sorry to hear that. But at least it turned out okay in the end. I'm sure it'll be okay this time - will be weird for you to go to 40 weeks. In a way, these things are good to prepare you again - at least you'll know what to expect if the baby is premature again. x
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, just a note to say, i done two tests, they both had really really faint lines. There wasnt any colour in it but i could see it, looked like it was the line behind which would show up if poss. I done 3 digital test all came back negative. Waited a week and got a poss. Im now 26 weeks pregnant!! Very Happy

Hope you get the result you want xx

honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations u must have been shocked but excited at the same time
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:46 pm 
Post subject:
hi sara23, have you tried testing first thing in the morning? i had a mc 14 years ago and never had another period as i got caught straight away, even tho i went on the pill, (we werent ttc at the time). i hope you get a bfp next time you test, good luck. x Smile
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hey -
Mikhaela - thanks for that - that's really encouraging to hear that! Congratulations. I'm going to do another test next week I think so that it will be more definite hopefully. I think what worries me most about it is that I'm not having any symptoms of pregnancy to go with it - my boobs feel a bit different but think that's me imagining it. Good luck with your pregnancy. Very Happy
Rosie36 - I did my test first thing in the morning because I'd heard that hormone was stronger then. DId you have many symptoms when you found out you were pregnant? I didn't leave the test in the urine for long enough though so I'm hoping that's why it was negative - but if it's not i'll just have to wait for my period and try again! My partner is trying to keep my spirits high - but i'm suprised at myself at how much I'd put into this when I told myself I wouldn't get upset if it was negative. Oh well - maybe it's a good sign - hormones and all!
Thanks for your replies - they're really keeping me going and nice to speak to people in similar situations. xxx
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:57 pm 
Post subject:
the only symptoms i remember ( it was a long time ago) was the sore boobs, and i mean sore! everytime ive been pregnant i just know by my boobs, im quite well blessed in that area as it is but when im pregnant i look like jordan! or is that just wishful thinking? Laughing x
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
Lol! That's the same with me - I'm quite blessed in that area too! I'm kind of going by my last pregnancy too - my boobs were really sore then and they're not feeling the same as they did then. They're feeling more painful inside the boobs if you get what I mean but not so much that I notice it much. This makes perfect sense in my head!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular