NEWBIE - CONFUSED?1!?

blonde82
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:59 pm 
Post subject: NEWBIE - CONFUSED?1!?
Hi Everyone,

My partner and I have been trying to concieve for about 8 months (it will be my first time), and this month for the first time my period was late (it's not always spot on) but it is now about 10 days late, I have done 3!!! test, and they have all come back negative Sad so I went to the doctor today, and she said that I could still be pregnant!! and to test again in another two weeks!! if it still comes back negative and I haven't had a period she said she will organise for a scan.

I now feel really confused, as I really want to believe I'm pregnant and get excited about it, but all the tests are telling me I'm not. Has this ever happened to anyone else??
EmilysMummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
Was looking at unanswered posts.
It's not happened to me personally, but my friend is pregnant with her third and it happened this time.
Having been pregnant she felt she knew she was, but tests kept saying negative. I think it was after about two weeks she got a positive.
Hope this doesn't get your hopes up falsely.

Hope it has happened for you.

Good luck.
xxx
blonde82
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun.

Does anyone know what other symptoms I should be looking out for? my boobs are quite itchy! (too much info, sorry) but I have had that before and still had my period!
EmilysMummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:45 pm 
Post subject:
Symptoms I had:
Heavy and painful boobs - kind of like they are for me with PMT but more so.
I started feeling very sick early on, about 4 weeks - but due to other things put it down to nerves/stress until I found I was pregnant, about 6-7 weeks. I didn't start being sick till about 9 weeks.
I actually had a lot of my normal PMT (heavy, swollen boobs and tearfulness) symptoms - but they felt stronger/more than normal. I therefore just kept assuming I was late as I am not always regular.
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
blonde I'm 16 days late and still not showing a BFP, and I know theres a few others on here late and still gettings negs. Don't panic you could still be pg, all our bodies are different and we all test pos at different times.

All I can suggest is pretend you are, ie take folic acid tables, rest lots eat healthly etc etc and wait a few more days and test again.

Good luck hun, hope you get your BFP soon,

T-y

blonde82
Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks guys. Still no sign of AF. Sooo tempted to do another test, but going to try and take the doctors advice and wait for two weeks. Don't want to be disappointed again!!
Good luck to you too, tracewhy! Hope you get bfp soon. Let me know how you get on!!!
xxx
BabyWife
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:24 am 
Post subject:
Hi
Has af shown up? Or she is being good and staying away
xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: