Big Big Scare

charlieb85
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:28 am 
Post subject: Big Big Scare
Hi thought i would share my story as it may help a few people.

Im 10 weeks and had some really really bad pains the other day in the lower right abdomen (panic stations) and the doc was very concerned so he sent me to the hospital for a check up. All the doctors there seemed very concerned which put me and my husband on the edge. I got admitted over night (The worst night of my life) was nil by mouth and on a drip and had an emergency scan yesturday. The doctor said i was Nil by mouth just in case i needed to be rushed to the operating theatre. As you can imagine by this point im thinking the worst and my husband arrived at the hospital looking as bad as i had ever seen him. Well we had the scan and our little person was perfect. In the right place with a strong heartbeat and even hicups.

The lesson here is that if you have pains but no bleeding really do not panic as our ordeal was a nightmare and everything will be fine.
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:31 am 
Post subject:
i agree some times it is hard not to panick but at the beginning of pregnancy it is common to get a few pains and aches so thats part of im afraid
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
It seems to me it would have been much better if they had just scanned you first!!!! Why put you through all that and then scan you afterwards? Seems like the doctors panicked and handled it incorrectly - not you! Presumably they thought the pregnancy was eptopic but the simplest way to address that would have been to scan you immediately and then deal with the results.
I would actually write a letter of concern to the NHS trust saying that the way you were dealt with could have been handled better and that it caused you and your husband a lot of undue pressure that you didn't need. Unfortunately some women do experience severe pain in early pregnancy and it is because something bad is happening so all severe pains should get checked out just in case. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy won't be as stressful!!! Smile xxxx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
doctors def make things seem like they r alot worse then they r sometimes my last son i went into labour at 30 weeks and they couldnt stop the labour so i started to push and they started panickin and told me stop cos he was breach
turned out he wasnt it was the sack of water he was in they my waters didnt go so they came out intack with him still in there it was amazing to see
charlieb85
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

Well ive decoded to write a letter to the PCT and tell them what happened and that im not happy with the way i was treated, i know they have to be careful but they could have been a bit more subtle with the way they did it..

All i can do now is wait for a responce.
Petel
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:44 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for posting your story..
I've been so scared every time I feel something happening in my abdomen. I've rung the GP but I was told the doctor will only see me at 8 weeks and I'm now only 6 weeks.
Today I've had some pains and keep going to the loo to check for blood.
I get so scared sometimes and have no one to chat to cos hubby and I have agreed to what till the 12 week scan..

Thanks again for your story. Maybe now I'll relax a bit more..
Sugarplump
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Petel,
I feel exactly the same as you. I'm 6 weeks too and am not going to see my doctor until next week. I've been worried ever since i found out and its only been a week, don't know how i'll cope for 9 months.LOL
But i agree that reading peoples stories on here really help. Very Happy
FingersCrossed
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:29 am 
Post subject:
Petel,

I was the same as you last year in that I agreed with my husband that we were not going to tell anyone until 12 weeks as that seemed the norm, but I went on to have two miscarriages and it taught me that sometimes if you are close to your family you need a bit of extra support during pregnancy and it is not the end of the world if they know and something goes wrong, it just means you get more support.

Obviously everyone is different and may not want to say anything but it was definitely the best thing I did x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular