sleep deprived!!! lets talk here

Are yo tired after having a baby? how old is your baby?
0-6 months
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
6-9 months
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
9-12 months
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
mummykirsty
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:32 am 
Post subject: sleep deprived!!! lets talk here
Hii everyone, i decided to start a new topic as this topic is something that every new mum and dad go through ,deprived sleep , whether your little one is teething (like mine) or is just a little bugger and wont sleep more then 3 hours at a time!

is there any one else going through this and we can all exchange veiws

mummkirsty
[/code][/quote]
louise91
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:49 pm 
Post subject: Not enough sleep.
Hi.
My daughter is a little bugger, she's 19mnths old and doesn't sleep in her own bed at all, if she does she doesn't sleep through the night, but sleeps through in m bed.
Its so tough making her stay in bed all night, sometimes i give up in putting her back, cause im just so tired,

Then i've got another daughter, who is 4months old, who sleeps in her own bed from 9pm till 8.30am. its lovely. Now im pregnant again, im trying toput my foot down a bit, just keep taking her back to bed in the night.

So far 3 nights out of 5 have been succesful, so fingers crossed!!!!!
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:33 am 
Post subject:
great toopc! im sure everyone can relate to it.
my daughter is 12 yrs old and i still feel tired!!! lol!
i was lucky with her as a baby she was so contented...not sure this one will be the same though. x
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

My daughter, who is 6months now was a terrible sleeper, as she would always be feeding every 2hours, this was before she was on solids. She didn't even like sleeping in the day! Still doesn't like daytime sleeping.

It does become frightening as i would napp for a few minutes and half wake up and be searching under the duvets and on the floor, as I thought I'd lost her somewhere in the bedroom!! Scary!! But as always she was where I'd put her in her moses basket!!

The one night I thought she was in my arms and went to lay her in the basket, but when I looked into the basket I noticed she was already in the basket. As I was half whatever.. I started to make a little nest with the duvets and pillows to put my imaginery baby into this nest!! I then realised that my real baby was in the basket!!

It is really frightening the lack of sleep, as you don't know what you are fully doing, I think most of the night I was almost in a sleep walking experience!! Then the day I would take her out in the buggy and walk around in a daze
molly1973
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
hi my daughter who is now 2 used to sleep from 6.30 till 7 every night till about 8 months ago, we used to take it in turns to sleep on sofa with her cos she wouldnt sleep anywhere else, one sunday i cracked i had been up all night with her and in the end rang the doc, who then got health visitor out, who told me what i should and shouldnt do, 7 nights she said i had to be tough and lucy would sleep in her bed no probs after a week of hell, i had 4 nights of hell, now we all go to bed, lucy does sometimes wake in night but i change her bum and give her a drink and she goes back to sleep. i do feel for all parents who dont get much sleep due to children, so if its too bad go to docs or health visitor and have a chat about it....... good luck xxx
joshlibmum
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:00 pm 
Post subject: sleep deprived
my son didnt sleep through in his own bed till he was 21/2 not his fault though we use to let him fall asleep either in our arms are on the settee (first child spolit him) finally had enough when moved house (use to live in a flat before easier all on one level) and decided we wanted another child we got him into a routine bath story in bed and just kept returning him to bed eventually it worked and now goes he goes to bed and stays there occasionally he wakes at night but i just take him back to his bed and he goes back to sleep
with my second child we went the other way started her in a routine from about 4 mths she sleeps from 7.30 till 5.00 wakes for a feed then goes back to sleep till 7.30 sometimes she has a bad night but i can already see the difference between them
girly
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:21 pm 
Post subject: No Sleep Ever!
Well my Son is 5 going on 6 years old never had a problem with him sleeping because he has been in my bed now for 5 1/2 years. My daughter is 23months old and has been in her own room and bed since she was 4 months old and still she wakes up at LEAST 5 Times a night and I am 7 weeks pregnant I am SO TIRED!!!!
kriley
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:02 pm 
Post subject: going crazy
My son is now 4 1/2 months old and I feel like I'm losing my mind. He has been a difficult baby from the beginning, but in the last month he has stopped sleeping. During th eday he will on ly sleep for 30min. to the minute! and it's not as though he is well rested, he is exhausted and cranky until he goes back down for another nap. Overnight he's up every hour to hour and a half for no apparent reason. He used to fall back asleep if I held him for a minute, but now he just wants to cry. He wont let me hold him, he doesn't want to be put down, and he wont even take his soother. After 4 1/2 months of no sleep I'm starting to get to a breaking point. My husband just sleeps through it all, and I realize he has to work, so I try not to get mad, but when he says he knows hiow I feel I always snap, because he has no idea. Can anyone give me some advice?? I'm starting to think that there is something wrong with him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular